BH209!!! WTHeck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution is simple....
"STOP BUYING IT"
"STOP HOARDING"
"DONT BUY WHAT YOU DONT NEED"
"HELP YOUR FELLOW HUNTERS THROUGH THE NEXT SEASON OR TWO, (YES, that might mean parting with some of your personal stash")

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!
BOYCOTT PRICE GOUGERS, AND FLIPPERS.

There are a lot of various smokeless builds avail now. Everything from 1300.00 brake action conversions to LR BR Comp bolt actions. Then theres the re-emergence of the TC Omega's being converted to smokeless rigs. I have one in .40 1:14 Brux Omega & another in a small cal. Next will be a .45 1:18 build. I have two muzzleloaders that I've upgraded & now shoot straight smokeless powders out of. There really are quite a few options one can take, its all in knowing about reloading, what powders do what with X bullet at Y velocity, at what pressure peak & curve, You'd be amazed at the options one has with a little education & creative outside the box thinking.

You may have missed my point. There is not other substitute black powder that has all the qualities of BH209. Other substitutes have other issues like cleanliness, corrosiveness, lack of energy, etc.

Yes - we can all just shoot smokeless MLers, if its permissible, but that's like saying we can all shoot crossbows or handguns as options to using our muzzleloaders.

Someone will make a lot of money as soon as they develop a clean burning, high energy BP substitue that cost $40 a pound.

What has happened to make the price of bh209 skyrocket???

Just saw some on the shelf of sportsmans warehouse yesterday --$80+ tax for 8 oz---- that's over $160 per pound!!!!

I remember when it first came out it was $23/10 oz

they put it on their cereal.

What has happened to make the price of bh209 skyrocket???

Just saw some on the shelf of sportsmans warehouse yesterday --$80+ tax for 8 oz---- that's over $160 per pound!!!!

I remember when it first came out it was $23/10 oz

View attachment 482254
I hope it tastes good on their cereal!

What are using now? It's hard to avoid these behemoths. It looks like the other companies are jumping on the band wagon as well. The only way it is coming down in price is if it sits on shelves and warehouses for a while. Competition is the answer, but barriers to entry are tough to overcome.
Actually, anyone can file an FTC complaint about non-competitive practices and VISTA has definitely become the Google of the shooting world.

If anyone is Eastern NC. Greenville/Washington area I have an open but mostly full 10oz can for sale. See add….

About $2.28/shot at 100gr/load @$80/8oz =3500 grains. $80/35=$2.28/shot

Add in cost of a really good bullet like Thor at $35/15=$2.33/ bullet

$2.28+$2.33= $4.61/shot excluding primer, tax and shipping for BH209 and Thor. So easy OVER $5.00/shot!

Gee, seems like a deal to me....

Last edited:
About $2.28/shot at 100gr/load @$80/8oz =3500 grains. $80/35=$2.28/shot

Add in cost of a really good bullet like Thor at $35/15=$2.33/ bullet

$2.28+$2.33= $4.61/shot excluding primer, tax and shipping for BH209 and Thor. So easy OVER $5.00/shot!

Gee, seems like a deal to me....
At that price, time to get and shoot .50BMG.....🫢🙄

for those interested powder valley has BH209 for $63 on sale right now

Status
Not open for further replies.