Better deer hunting in Laramie, WY or Missoula, MT?

HJW

Obviously this wouldn't be the deciding factor for where I go to school but it sure would be an added bonus!! All input is appreciated.

Hunting around Missoula is pretty much not so good, unless you are after bears, good bear hunting over there. Elk hunting is poor and mule deer hunting, in the right places is the best in the state, catch is drawing a tag, better chances of winning the lotto, .92% chance of success, roughly 5000 people aplying for 45 tags, and londowners get their fair share of them. You'll be driving and hour South/SE to hunt elk and further to get into good mule deer hunting. Not saying elk aren't there, just alot better hunting in other parts of the state. North and east of big timber being a good invisible state boundary to give an example for serious mule deer hunting. G falls area has some Muley country, but if yer after muley's laramie gets my vote, Missoula is not a hunters paradise IMO. I live south of Helena and will be goin over to hamilton to hunt Mule deer, just because i got lucky and drew the tag, never thought I would, but normally when I'm serious about Mule deer, and I am, I take a trip to the central/east central part of the state.

I don't know how Laramie is but Missoula is the states bastion of liberal weirdness with a heavy dose of stupid and you have an hours drive any direction to get away from it. Anyone with any common sense will feel very out of place at U of M, there is U of M Western in Dillon and you would be in the heart of the best elk and deer hunting in MT and a much less liberal environment, but it's emphasis is teaching degrees.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.