• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Best way to ship live ammo???

I have had problems shipping anything firearm related in my area. If you contact your local FFL they will probably ship for you. Problem with local UPS and FEDEX is that they are independently owned and if they decide not to ship these items nothing you can do.

I have shipped two boxes of ammo via UPS. While I was waiting in lie, I read a wall notice that ammo was , I think it said, "restricted". So after I go up and actually completed the shipment, I asked the clerk about it. She said it means you can't ship over a certain amount of ammo, like I think she said, 500 rounds.
I have also heard of ammo being shipped USPS, but I ain't gonna do it! I do ship brass only via USPS.

Orm D stickers are no longer used.

I know a guy that has shipped lots of ammo in usps flat rate boxes, nothing negative has happened
Not sure why everybody is thumbs up on this comment. one it is prohibited and two if something bad were to happen because of the live ammo, that person will be in serious trouble. As a hazmat inspector and hazmat train the trainer qualified there is a reason why we have restrictions on what can be shipped with or even near other items that are hazmat. There are other services such as UPS and FedEx that can do this and it is relatively pain-free. Why would you want to subject someone to harm or even subject yourself to jail time and fines because you don't wanna drive a little bit further to UPS or FedEx store.

Exactly
Too many people that are non-ammo/reloading businesses say UPS or FedEx won't ship ammo, powder or primers for them. That's because you're taking it to a "UPS Store" or a independently owned FedEx shipper. Go to UPS hub or an actual FedEx facility and they'll get it out for you. It's not even a big deal anymore. They'll gladly take your $20(ish) to ship small amounts.
I have shipped ammunition many times but these hubs will take powder or primers? I don't know about that

Go to the ups hub and tell them most of the time the label is good enough or they will give u stickers
As of this year ORMD is no good it must be limited quantities stickers now
9B0635DF-DB00-49D9-A48D-9DF0DAAC1C6A.png

is ammo hazardous materials?
If a ups truck caught fire and had a pile of ammo it could be quite a popcorn popper I suppose. Thats why they don't ship it on planes. It would need more attention paid. Fedex has a shipping training class you have to do to ship it. No thanks. Just use ups