• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Best way to ship live ammo???

That's just weird.. if they are going to require a certain sticker... why wouldn't they have them right there at the counter??!

No idea why. It wasn't like he was out of them, he said we was no longer permitted to provide them. It isn't UPS that requires the stickers, it is the federal government that does.

I just print them from my computer onto plain white paper then tape them to the box with clear packing tape.

Just call your UPS store. We have shipped ammo through them no problem. They even accept long guns (maybe handguns too, but no personal experience with that) for shipment, although they ship them USPS. Going to our Hub is terrible, as it is open 4-6 pm only.
0955B6F9-05AB-450A-9F1F-508BE555675F.jpeg

Apparently every UPS store gets to randomly pick when and how long they are open each day. LOL
The stores are independently owned so I imagine they do pick their own hours my picture in the above post is a hub it seems I only have 2 hours a day to send products and 1.5hours a day to pick them up

The stores are independently owned so I imagine they do pick their own hours my picture in the above post is a hub it seems I only have 2 hours a day to send products and 1.5hours a day to pick them up
I meant to say every every UPS Customer Center, which are not independently owned, can pick their own hours. Mine is only open 1 hour per day, from 5:30-6:30.

Just call your UPS store. We have shipped ammo through them no problem. They even accept long guns (maybe handguns too, but no personal experience with that) for shipment, although they ship them USPS. Going to our Hub is terrible, as it is open 4-6 pm only.
UPS store is not supposed to accept ammo or any limited quantity item. Per UPS rules

Attachments

• 0C07CB77-5726-4C32-9D50-EF887E2ACC9F.jpeg
    0C07CB77-5726-4C32-9D50-EF887E2ACC9F.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 26
I shipped my first loaded ammo today. Wrapped all the ammo boxes in bubble wrap, stuffed any empty space with bubble wrap, took a picture before I sealed it up, printed the required "sticker" on plain white paper and cut it out, taped it on. The website says approximately 4x4 inches I think mine was 4.5x4.5 after sizing it down on the copier at work. I tried to just do the shipping label on there website but it wouldn't allow me to. I have a ups HUB locally so I just took it in there and they did the rest. The manager or what ever she was said the printed symbol was fine this time but if I was going to be shipping it a lot to order the stickers. I'm in a small town so she and the counter guy knew what I was talking about when I said it was 6.5 creedmoore ammo. It has to be signed for by an adult and I got shipping insurance on it also. Was a pretty easy deal besides the hub only being open from 8:30-10 am and 4:30-6 pm.

I could care less whether my local store follows their company's guidelines. Very polite, efficient. and will continue to use them.
The problem is if the packages do not have the two 4"x4" minimum quantity stickers and your receipt doesn't list the contents as ammunition they can say you lied about the contents. Which could lead to you being charged with a felonya

If you're okay with that, then go for it. But don't recommend other people do the same.

The problem is if the packages do not have the two 4"x4" minimum quantity stickers and your receipt doesn't list the contents as ammunition they can say you lied about the contents. Which could lead to you being charged with a felonya

If you're okay with that, then go for it. But don't recommend other people do the same.
Had all that; they just did it for me. I don't know why, maybe just old-timey customer service. Sorry I found a store with good service. Heck, you can just take in bare items and they will box them for you. Mod, please feel free to erase my post.

Wow. Great thread. Thanks for asking the question and thanks for all the great info.

Had all that; they just did it for me. I don't know why, maybe just old-timey customer service. Sorry I found a store with good service. Heck, you can just take in bare items and they will box them for you. Mod, please feel free to erase my post.

As long as you have a receipt that says that the contents are ammunition I would feel comfortable personally.