BEST TEMP. STABLE POWDER FOR 6.5 PRC?

Finding any temp stable powders in the market will be difficult right now unfortunately. However, I'd keep your eye out for H1000, Retumbo, RL26, IMR 7977, IMR 8133, and N565.

I am in AZ and use Retumbo and RL26 for the 6.5 PRC. I know some are wary of RL26. I had some temperature stability issues with an early batch of RL26 but have since gone through 16 lbs of later batches without an issue. I use RL26 in my 25 CM PRS rounds as well. The AZ summer temps can be brutal but the RL26 is very consistent. The powders mentioned above will all fit the bill. Certain powders are particularly troublesome in high temps such as RL22. If I were pushing maximum loads in the middle of the summer I would personally look for a Hodgdon extreme such as Retumbo or H1000 but even they deserve caution.

I am also in AZ, I have not found any noticeable issues with H1000 or IMR8133 going from winter to summer temps. These are the 2 powders I have used during winter and summer temps in my 6.5 PRC. I have not used RL26.

I've been using N565 in my 6.5 PRC with success. Shooting in AZ can be brutal during the summer and I also hunt in PA so temps can be in the teens. No issues at all.

I've been using N565 in my 6.5 PRC with success. Shooting in AZ can be brutal during the summer and I also hunt in PA so temps can be in the teens. No issues at all.
I have a question off topic. Going to be retiring in Eloy in a couple of years. Where are good places to shoot? Any places where you can shoot long distances 600 plus yards?