best powder for 6.5 PRC ?

My Savage 110 Ultralight 6.5 PRC loves the 156 EOL over H1000...getting around 2930 fps with 58 grains. I have it seated at 2.995 COAL and just fits the magazine.
Just joined the forum and starting load development for the same rifle same bullet, same powder. Would appreciate any load data you could share. PM me please if you are not comfortable sharing publicly. Thanks in advance Stef

Hey Stef, welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here as well but it's an awesome source of info and has helped me out tremendously. I started at 56.0 grains H1000 with a CCI BR2 primer and worked up to 58.4 with no pressure in my Savage 110 Ultralight. My brother's CVA Cascade starts showing pressure at 57.8. Found best accuracy in the Savage at 58.1 grains and the 156 seated out as far as I can go and still get it in the detachable mag (2.995" COAL). Haven't tried any other powder or primers with the 156, but might have to if I can't find any more H1000...lol.
Just joined the forum and starting load development for the same rifle same bullet, same powder. Would appreciate any load data you could share. PM me please if you are not comfortable sharing publicly. Thanks in advance Stef

Hey Stef, welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here as well but it's an awesome source of info and has helped me out tremendously. I started at 56.0 grains H1000 with a CCI BR2 primer and worked up to 58.4 with no pressure in my Savage 110 Ultralight. My brother's CVA Cascade starts showing pressure at 57.8. Found best accuracy in the Savage at 58.1 grains and the 156 seated out as far as I can go and still get it in the detachable mag (2.995" COAL). Haven't tried any other powder or primers with the 156, but might have to if I can't find any more H1000...lol.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you very much, I'm really excited to see what this gun will do.

Their website specs must be all wrong. It shows they same exact length/weight for the prc and 300wm, both 24" barrels, so I assumed(hoped) it was built on a long action. I'm looking for a cheap truck gun in 6.5prc. Mossberg is now chambering the patriot in prc, hopefully ruger starts the American in it as well.
IF you are still in the market, doubt you will do better than the $500 Eurooptic M18 mauser in 6.5 PRC mine shot sub MOA at 100 and 200 right out of the box with Hornady Precision Hunter.

I got one in .243 for $426 from Eurooptic back in Sept. Shot 1/2 group of 5 right out of the box.
Used my reloads - which voids the warranty, but love the gun - only issue is they only use 1 action, but not an issue.
When I moved up to 308 (for more knockdown power) I bought a Browning ABolt 3 so I wouldn't mix up the magazines AND because it has a short action ... lol.
AB3 is ok, but 1/12 twist and I wanted 1/10 for larger bullets (for bigger game I may get to hunt) so got a CVA on sale..
All 3 are nice, but so far the Mauser is most accurate....

Forget it, I tried to give folks a heads up about this rifle back when they were $429. I had already bought two Sauer 100's and was elated with their performance. When I saw that Mauser was selling the exact same barrel and receiver as Sauer at half the price, I wasted no time scarfing one up. If the only thing you care about is buying a custom, then go ahead and buy it. But don't count on it outshooting the Mauser M18. It does this with cheap Hornady factory ammo at 300 yards.

300 yards Hornady American Gunner

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78