Best Scope with Hold Over lines

the blur

Zeiss doesn't make the Victory with hold over reticle's anymore.
What is the absolute best glass out there with hold over lines?

Out to 500, I prefer to hold over.... just my personal preference..

I would spend the money on a S&B if they offer the reticle.

I don't know about all scopes, I only know about those that I've used.

My Leupold VX-6 (older version) has the varmint reticle and I don't dial at all out to 600 (zero at 200, top of post is at 600). It matches the trajectory of my 7RM shooting Barnes TTSX 150 almost perfectly. Before that, I had it on a 300 WM and it matched almost perfectly for 180 Berger's.

I keep shots on game inside 500, I don't dial.

I enjoy the LR varmint reticle on my VX6. I have subtensions out past 600 yards with my 300 yard zero.

I have custom reticle on a VX lll. I don't know if Leupold still offers the service. But it wasn't very expensive to send in your ballistic info and they would customize the reticle for your load.

My Swarovski Z5 has the lines I think you are talking about?? Enter your ballistic data into the Swarovski online program, and it will tell you where the bullet will strike depending on which line you use. I print it up, and have it laminated so I can tape it to my stock. The data is in form of a drop table with velocity, and also a picture of the reticle with each tick mark labeled with the point of impact range.

Last edited:
look at the Burris veracity Ballistic Plex. I love mine. You can dial or use the reticle.

Same here ...

Ballistic E1 FFP, 4-20x, Burris.png

I've owned the Lupys with varmit hunter reticals liked them,have Vortexs bdc like them but my aging Eyes like Nikons bdc circle retical the best , but anything is better then nothing at all . Cheers !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.