Best Scope covers for hunting rifle?

Curious what everyone is using for scope covers. I've got some neoprene slip covers for my Zeiss scopes that I'm not a fan of. Tried butler creek, looking for something a bit more durable. Picked up some AAD flip covers and they seem super solid, but too noisy for hunting in my opinion.

what's a good option for light weight, durable, quiet flip up scope covers for hunting? Maybe that's a tall order...
Badlands makes the best scope cover. $40 (No regrets) Tenebraex IMO are extreme quality flip up lens covers. Not cheap. ($100)

I need some help. I was on the mkmachining.com website and for my scope they show the flip up scope covers and as an add-on (?) an ARD. I think that stands for anti reflection device. I have never had/used one. Is it necessary or desirable?
Thanks for any advise you can give.

I need some help. I was on the mkmachining.com website and for my scope they show the flip up scope covers and as an add-on (?) an ARD. I think that stands for anti reflection device. I have never had/used one. Is it necessary or desirable?
Very nice 😎👍 Tenebraex also promotes kill flash ARD

They are more for military applications so the glare from your scope doesn't give away your position. IMHO just would get in the way hunting.

Cut some bands from inner tube about an inch wider than your scope bell, stretch them over and you have dust and rain protection. When you need to shoot, flip the band off from the ocular end and it will shoot off like a rubber band... if you don't have a chance to pick it up, you haven't lost much. I carry several on my pack for backup...

I have a few different styles from flip ups to neoprene. I like the cheap "bikini covers". If I loose them when I take them off while hunting, they are cheap to replace and they are quiet.

I have a few different styles from flip ups to neoprene. I like the cheap "bikini covers". If I loose them when I take them off while hunting, they are cheap to replace and they are quiet.
We have tried flip ups but as you say the Scope coat neoprene covers are definitely the best for weather and dust

Last edited:
I use Butler Creek Bikini scope covers. They are relatively cheep so not a big deal to lose one. So have one on every scope and a few extras in the range bag. They also stop extremely fine dust particles that are common in the west and keep moisture off the lens, better than any flip-ups I've used.

Ive used the cheap butler creeks and the Tenabraex. I was thinking of going with the Aadland now for a zeiss scope. What makes them so noisy? I saw Butler creek came out with some new scope covers that are much more expensive than their cheap originals. I am looking at those too.