best mag

Bob S.

I've got a subscription to a mag that I'm not going to renew so my budget has room for a new sub. What do you guys recommend for long range hunting/ precision shooting? Not really looking for competition but more for hunting.

Well, if you run out of toilet paper, Guns and Ammo works pretty well!

If you want something cool to read while sitting on the can, read Shooting times.

But if you want something to read that has it all, join the Varmint Hunters Association. You will get 4 great, thick, well illustrated issues written by newcomers and pros alike--all non-compensated so you get REAL opinions, not paid-off ones! You'll love it!

No one mag dominates the market as far as hunting (assuming US). I like the Wolfe publications like "Successful Hunter". "Eastman's Hunting Journal" has great info as per areas to hunt, etc. "Hunting" is more general info. All have their good & bad points. Best to get a copy off the newsstand and see how you like.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.