Best Chronograph

i have a Pact with the ir kit and love it has tones of features and easy to use the only thing i don't like is that i can't get a battery pack for the ir system as at my range there is no where to plug it in

Save your pennies and buy a used Oehler 35P when you can find one.
I cannot understand why other chronograph companies do not use a proof channel like the Oehler

Been thinking chronograph myself, but trying to find a used Oehler 35P for sale (without selling my first born) is like trying to find a $100 USO scope.:D

I have had PVM 21 and it was stunningly accurate but seemed a little weak in terms of the connections ( I dont think it is really designed for field use and repeatedly connecting and disconnecting! IMHO) also VERY expensive so I am wrestling with what to do as well. I think I will go CED MilleniumII. Found one with the infrared kit for $300 Probably go that route ....... 30-338

My experiences with the low priced units is that they do funny things depending on the amount of sun and shade. Had a Chrony Beta Master and would never buy one of those again. Hope the PACT is NOT like that! I need one that will work every time and that is really a pretty elusive goal if you use them a lot. I have even thought about taking two to the range so when one fails I will have a spare! Check out the CED Millenium II

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.