Best bipod choice for xp100r.

Whitetails45

My first adventure into the world of xp100r. Looking for the best bipod or rest advice.
Also has anyone mounted a rifle scope on one of these instead of pistol scopes?

I've been shooting XPs for 40+ years. Tried about everything.
Harris' worked sort of OK, but needed something to rest the butt on for stability. On hard ground or wood/rocks the bipod gave a "whip" of the barrel & made shots go high.
I started using a backpack filled with a few soft pillows. That's worked great. Can rest it on the ground, hang it on a tree (with a screw in bow rest) & shoot off the top of it, plus you can carry all the goodies you need for your trip.
The newest rest is the BogPod PSR. It's fantastic for standing, sitting, kneeling. It's no longer made , BUT it's being made again on the Handgun Hunters International web site. I've tested the new model. It's as good as the original. I did a standing shot on a deer at 565 yards with the old model. It works.
As far as scopes on XPs, I'm still old school & use only handgun scopes (mostly Burris 3-12 BPlex), 2-6X, UltraDots (on revolvers). Used a friends XP with a rifle scope on a 719 yd. shot on a deer. Was OK, but I still stick to the handgun scopes. To each his own.

My first adventure into the world of xp100r. Looking for the best bipod or rest advice.
Also has anyone mounted a rifle scope on one of these instead of pistol scopes?
"Best" is a hard one.
But I completely agree with what Chris Rhodes posted.
I have a variety of bi-pods, but the BR Version of the Harris that swivels, and has notched legs are the ones I use the most. They are the best bang for the buck IMO.

As a dyed-in-the-fur coyote hunter where fast accurate shots are often encountered in the field--i like the tallest Harris along with a soft-sided stadium seat that's had the side-straps modified to shorten them, and ends lengthened and snaps added to carry it around the waist hands-free. This is a huge help for accurate field shooting IMO. The problem is that at the pods lowest setting itś not low enough for prone shooting. I slip a PVC-T between the legs and base to lower it a few more inches--helps a lot.

I mainly hunt from elevated stands. Pretty much like shooting from a bench. I do not need as much eye relief as shooting without a rest.
I have Rifle Scopes on all of my bolt pistols. I have a combination of Burris Pistol and Weaver Rifle scopes on my Contenders. (One lone Leupold 4X)
My preferred rifle scope is no longer made. The Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10X. Lots of eye relief on 2.5-4X. It will Dial for long shots. Very Clear.
I have used the Harris BR Swivel Bipod's lot. I also have used a 4x4 block of wood with short shot sack sand bag for a front rest. Both work well. I got to using the sand bag set up with Encore's with the Bullberry hanger bar system. Using a bipod recoil would break the dovetail forearm mount.

Bob R

I use Harris on my XP-100's. No problems with them. I have riflescopes on four of my five XP's. Absolutely the way to go on an XP. I have one still setup using a Burris 3x-12x pistol scope. It will change at some point in the future to a rifle scope. You will need a decent muzzle brake to keep the scope off your noggin.

I'm currently running the Harris mentioned by previous posters on my XP-100R, it seems to be inducing some vertical dispersion from the bench. I haven't shot this gun too much yet but I'm going to try it from a couple of different rests and see what happens to the groups.