BEST 300wsm brass for LR?

I have been using FC to break in the barrel, and Nosler for the load work up.

Nosler seems to work pretty well

Attachments

• 300WSM 002.jpg
    300WSM 002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 171
Ive got some Nodler brass coming and just got the latest lot of Winchester brass yesterday, so I will see how they compare when the Nosler arrives. The Norma seems soft in mine, so I will see if the Nosler brass is the same?

The Norma seems soft in mine?

What do you mean soft? I sometimes hear this complaint about Norma, but I've never experienced it myself.

My problem with Winchester and Federal is that the primer pockets loosen after 2 or 3 reloads. I've never tried Nosler, but then again, I've never needed to after I switched to Norma. I'm still running the original 100 Norma cases that I bought two years ago. I've got another 100 waiting for the first batch to wear out. I've never culled a single Norma case and after several reloads, some as many as 6 times, the primer pockets are still tight. Once annealed, the necks are as good as new.

What do you mean soft? I sometimes hear this complaint about Norma, but I've never experienced it myself.

By soft, I mean the Norma brass had sticky extraction and more case head growth than the Winchester brass. This was even with 2 grains less powder to account for the difference in internal volume. I suspect my barrel is a slow one so I was pumping the loads up to get to the velocity node I was after. I had to stop a bit earlier with the Norma brass. But yes, the Norma brass does cut nicely when neck turning, and is nice and consistant. I have not lost any cases due to split necks with Norma, but lost a few Winchesters and had to anneal them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.