Berger does it again and again :-)

Eastcoastshooter375

I took advantage of the cool morning to get a few things done around the shop before it got hot. I took a few minutes to sit at my shooting bench in the shade and enjoy my third cup of coffee while watching over the back field. As I finished the coffee, I thought "it sure is a good morning to catch a coyote sneaking around the field". 20 minutes later (while taking a leak around the side of the building, too much coffee?), I caught sight of movement in a cow path. I instantly knew what it was. I snuck into the shop, grabbed the 25-06 and a handful of shells, and went on a mission.

I made it to my shooting bench, set up, and waited. 30 seconds went by before I spotted the coyote in a sunny spot rolling in the dust. I drew the hammer back, held center mass, and squeezed. Through the scope I saw a red mist just before it rolled down the hill. When the coyote stopped rolling, I spotted a second coyote "looking" for the one I'd shot. She slipped away a few times, but made a mistake by stepping out of the tall weeds while looking towards splattered coyote. I settled the crosshairs and touched off one center mass. Heard it hit then saw it drop. A mushroom cloud of dust was hanging over the second coyote from bullet impact.

I knew the 52g Berger pills in the 22-250 cut their lights out, and today I found out that Bergers do the same out of 25-06.

Specs:
T/C Encore 25-06
Norma brass
CCI primer
Stout load of RL-22
115 Berger VLD
Vel: 3140

Coyote population is getting smaller around here with these Bergers with my keen eye for spotting and making connecting flights with these mangy mutts.

First coyote: 125 yds. broadside, Entrance mid rib cage, exit left "gut", hence the mess.
Second coyote: 175 yds. quartered to, entrance point of right shoulder, no exit

upload_2019-9-8_22-21-23.jpeg

Gotta love cool mornings, good coffee, and coyote killin. I'll need to load more ammo if this keeps up :)

TB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.