22-250 strikes again

Eastcoastshooter375

Took a few minutes this evening to scan over my groundhog spot, it payed off. Caught these guys out rolling in the dust. Ranged at 325, smacked the first one and it flipped. Second one jumped up and had the "oh crap, what was that" look on his face. I worked the bolt, loaded one of those hotrod mini missiles and let it fly. Hit that one square in the chest. Through the scope I saw 3 and 4 running for cover. I settled on the one running straight away and at the moment I was expecting "WHOP", I heard "PING". Yep, I center punched a steel fencepost. Oh well, can't get em all, but fun as hell trying!

upload_2019-7-2_22-22-30.jpeg

upload_2019-7-2_22-25-55.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-2_22-27-8.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-2_22-27-8.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 143
Song dogs are amazing critters. Wasn't too many years ago they were listed as not present in Alaska. Maybe 10 years ago they showed up in Anchorage, last year or so people started seeing them in out in King Salmon, Ak. Pretty much limited to going north from here.
Keep shooting,

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.