Berger Classic Hunters

Young Gun 03

So I have loaded a bunch of berger classic hunter 168gr for my .308 and got them going 2794fps out of my 20" heavy barrel and I was wondering where you guys would place your limit for deer, moose, and elk. I know that if you don't think you can make a clean and quick kill don't bother trying. I was just wondering if anyone had any first person experience with these particular projectiles, I was personally hoping for at least 500 yards on deer and 300 or closer for elk and moose.

I shoot 135gr Berger classic hunters in my 6.5x55 and my buddies 6.5x55. They have been a great bullet for me. I would have no issues using them on elk and deer to 300-500 yards with good clean boiler room shots.

In 2018 my hunting buddy and I put down mule deer with them. 30yrds and 250ish yards. 1 shot kills.

In 2019 we put down cow elk at 180ish yards with them. Mine was a 1 shot kill, he hit his a little off on the first hit, but the 2nd shot hit the boiler room and she was down in 20 yards.

In a 30 cal you are going to get some extra energy so that is even better.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.