135g Berger classic hunter?

TC338

I see tons of information about the 140g offerings from Berger in any number of 6.5 chamberings. Who has experience with the 135's? What velocity did you reach(specifically looking at 6.5 creedmoor)? If you used them on game, what type of results did you get?

I see tons of information about the 140g offerings from Berger in any number of 6.5 chamberings. Who has experience with the 135's? What velocity did you reach(specifically looking at 6.5 creedmoor)? If you used them on game, what type of results did you get?

I run the 135 Cl Hunters in a 26" Browning X-Bolt in 6.5 Creed. Using 47gr RE26 I get about 2,860 ft/sec. Accuracy is outstanding. I have shot many groups that ranged from 1.2 - 1.6" at 400yds.
I have not shot any game animals with them yet.

I made my longest deer kill with the 135 Classic 702 yds. I have shot 15-20 Whitetails and a RedStag and two Elk with it also. Seems to do the job and very accurate in both 6.5 SAUM and PRC. Have not run in the Creedmoor as of yet.

Now playing with 156 EOL

I have found this bullet to be an excellent choice for the smaller capacity cases such as the Creedmoor. The balance between velocity and powder is easily established for a nearly full case. Just don't stop at the first node, there are two more.;)

Placed properly in game, the bullet construction is perfect for any hunting endeavor for medium weight game. When the distance gets a little shorter even elk are fair game when the bullet is placed properly. This is a classically styled bullet for hunting.

I have found this bullet to be an excellent choice for the smaller capacity cases such as the Creedmoor. The balance between velocity and powder is easily established for a nearly full case. Just don't stop at the first node, there are two more.;)

Placed properly in game, the bullet construction is perfect for any hunting endeavor for medium weight game. When the distance gets a little shorter even elk are fair game when the bullet is placed properly. This is a classically styled bullet for hunting.
Sable,
Thank you for your response. I've read many of your posts and have always found your information to be very helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.