Berger bullet question

GO-FASTER

I have a box of the old 52 grain 22 cal bullets that are the J4 jackets hollow points are this good for small varmits ? or just targets ? and how do I add a photo?
thanks

You might try "flaring" the nose on a few. I did this with some 6mm BR bullets and they blew up on varmints like Ballistic tips.

Go-Faster,

What will you be shooting them in? In a 22-250 or Swift you will get violent pops on vermin. In a 222 or 223 class round you will not get the violent pops but they will still work well at dispatching small critters.

Accuracy is key in varminting and these should perform well for you in that area as well!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[image]
berger2.jpg
[/image]

Sage rats will get misted out to 300 yards or so but Chucks will not blow up from a 22-250, just to tough of a critter and much heavier. They will certainly drop themin their tracks with a well placed shot and you may get the occasional flip!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.