Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

Well color me stupid, I thought this was a conversation.

How can this be a legitimate advertisement when the bullets aren't available? Hard to sell something that is unobtainable.

I assumed you were hoping to hear back from Bob since he is the one who would be able to answer your question. As he said, you have to watch their website or reach out to him personally to get an update.

There are multiple bullets that Berger talked about a long time ago that aren't available yet including the 7mm 195's.

I can only speak for myself, but feel confident what I am about to say will strike a common nerve for more than a few. I have stood by patiently watching the Interwebs and waiting for YEARS now while others have all but begged Berger to move forward on this issue, and all they received for their efforts were platitudes. It has been the same, old, tired "political climate...demand out paces capacity...soon as we get caught up" b.s., and I am just sick of it. What kind of business idles along year after year in the face of historically high consumer demand without making every effort to invest what is necessary to meet that demand? Off the top of my head, only one comes to mind! But hey...I don't know all the players...all the ins and outs...all the what's and why's...so I'm just talking out of my arse over here. I do know just two things for sure, though: 1) There is an admittedly small, but hungry market ready to buy quality, heavy-for-caliber, .277 projectiles, and 2) Berger refuses to meet that demand. So what to do? Wildcat is no more. Matrix isn't making the 175's anymore, apparently for lack of popularity. But being as he's the only one capable, maybe, just maybe, if everyone that was still interested were to raise the roof and let him know how much we would appreciate the effort, he might make a special run. Otherwise, we're all left sucking eggs.

I can only speak for myself, but feel confident what I am about to say will strike a common nerve for more than a few. I have stood by patiently watching the Interwebs and waiting for YEARS now while others have all but begged Berger to move forward on this issue, and all they received for their efforts were platitudes. It has been the same, old, tired "political climate...demand out paces capacity...soon as we get caught up" b.s., and I am just sick of it. What kind of business idles along year after year in the face of historically high consumer demand without making every effort to invest what is necessary to meet that demand? Off the top of my head, only one comes to mind! But hey...I don't know all the players...all the ins and outs...all the what's and why's...so I'm just talking out of my arse over here. I do know just two things for sure, though: 1) There is an admittedly small, but hungry market ready to buy quality, heavy-for-caliber, .277 projectiles, and 2) Berger refuses to meet that demand. So what to do? Wildcat is no more. Matrix isn't making the 175's anymore, apparently for lack of popularity. But being as he's the only one capable, maybe, just maybe, if everyone that was still interested were to raise the roof and let him know how much we would appreciate the effort, he might make a special run. Otherwise, we're all left sucking eggs.

No offense but the reality is, whether we like it or not, it's not always about us. Any business has to make a decision(s) and strategic priorities to meet (preferably exceed) and sustain their bottom-line numbers ... the profit margin. I'm leaving that alone!!! :rolleyes:

If and when the 170 makes it to the shelves, I'll gladly give them a try without reservations. Meantime, I just have to do with what's available for me. Luckily, I have enough (at least for now) Matrix 165s and 175s to play with. :D

Last I heard Matrix will do a special run but there's a minimum order (???), I'm sure if you contact Marshal Ambrose he'll tell you the real scoop.

Cheers!

No offense but the reality is, whether we like it or not, it's not always about us. Any business has to make a decision(s) and strategic priorities to meet (preferably exceed) and sustain their bottom-line numbers ... the profit margin. I'm leaving that alone!!! :rolleyes:

If and when the 170 makes it to the shelves, I'll gladly give them a try without reservations. Meantime, I just have to do with what's available for me. Luckily, I have enough (at least for now) Matrix 165s and 175s to play with. :D

Last I heard Matrix will do a special run but there's a minimum order (???), I'm sure if you contact Marshal Ambrose he'll tell you the real scoop.

Cheers!

No offense taken. I certainly agree. The problem I have is with promises not kept...when a business, or their representatives, says they are going to do something, gives the heavy come-on, and the big fan-fare, and just keeps stringing their customer base along...pushing back dates, making excuses, and sometimes just flat out reversing course and then taking a different tack without so much as a sound out. Now don't get me wrong here...for all with eyes to see and read, I don't want to cause anyone's drawers to bunch. I'm not saying these problems are written on the doormat outside any one business. I'm not calling out any individual for being full of horse puckey. And I'm certainly not saying this is the only water cooler around which this particular issue is being aired. I'm just saying...and maybe suggesting...that if there were a vocal group of folks congregating underneath the shingle of a particular merchant, screaming for their money to be taken...and if that merchant were to let it be known the cries of those with money to spend had been heard...then it would fair to expect that said merchant would make a movement in a timely fashion, or get off the pot...and then politely step out on the stoop and exclaim to the gathered crowd; "Sorry folks, false alarm! Things went a different way!" As for me, I'm tired of listening to the sound of trumpets. Any of you fellers with buckets of bullets squirreled away want to part with some 175's, or 195's? Take my money, please!

Where is royinidaho when you need him?!:rolleyes:

That 270AM might be just the ticket for pushing this new pill "as fast as it can go" :D

Well, ****. Here is royinidaho like a bird in the wilderness without a rig to shoot those suckers. My 270 bbls are both shot out. One has even been, in a fit of frustrations, hack sawed. I was really ****'d at it that day.:roll eyes:

Yo Rhian, maybe its time for a 28" 8 twist 3 groove Lilja in 270 SS? Whatcha think?

Matrix is still making the 175's. Just on a request basis. Need to order quantity that makes it worth while. I will be ordering 1000 here soon.

Yep. I just spent a week or so going back and forth with Marshal trying to set up a group buy...get enough work for him, and get what I need. Great guy to work with, and very patient addressing all my concerns. He finally agreed to do a short run for me! Wow...what a guy! But for any interested parties, don't build any expectations base on my experience...talk to Marshal. Tikka, as of today he has less than 1000 jackets for the 175's, and now some of those are spoken for. He mentioned the need to order more at some point, but if you want a big run you'll have to give him plenty of lead time.

Bob,

Do you have any of these bullets left. I just built a 270 win with 1 1:9 5r bartlein barrel and would like to try these

Thanks,

Alan

Magnus777,

Your point is heard loud and clear. Our problem is that we get excited about something new and talk about it way before it is ready to go. We aren't going to be making that mistake anymore.

I can assure you that we are doing everything within our resources and with an eye on staying open to expand our capacity without compromising on quality. This is more challenging than one might imagine.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
President
Berger Bullets

Magnus777,

Your point is heard loud and clear. Our problem is that we get excited about something new and talk about it way before it is ready to go. We aren't going to be making that mistake anymore.

I can assure you that we are doing everything within our resources and with an eye on staying open to expand our capacity without compromising on quality. This is more challenging than one might imagine.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
President
Berger Bullets

I heard you on Firing Line Radio Show talk about those bullets. We can't wait. At least in the meantime we can rebarrel and get ready for bullets when they get here. Looking forward to something as awesome as this is like being a kid again in October knowing that Christmas is coming.

I for one will be ready with a big bad 270-300win Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.