BERGER 168 gr. Match Hunting VLD #30510

AlbertaAl

Just ordered 500 rounds BERGER 168 Match Hunting VLD #30510
to be used in my TIKKA Master Class 595 with 1:11 factory barrel.

Anyone else have an experience with these bullets ?

Even though the Lapua 155's and Sierra 175 Match Kings all shot well I've sold them all locally and have decided to stay with the BERGER.
I know, for a fact that these 168's will shoot as good or better then all others.

I've shot a bunch of the 168 target VLD's out of my 7wsm, but I have yet to test any hunting VLD's. I doubt there is much difference though. My tests have shown that the 175 SMK groups better at 100, but the VLD's shine when shooting 300+ yards. So, I too decided to just shoot the VLD's.

i took a doe antelope @460yard last year with the 308 168gr hunt vld. she took one step then fell forward. i also killed a buck antelope @280yards. he just stood there for about 6 seconds then dropped. i thought i might have missed him at first. so i was reloading and then he dropped. MV was around 2625fps SD of 6 for me

What chambering are you loading for? I loaded these in my 30-06 last fall and shot awesome out of my a-bolt, best group was with 56grains of H414.

I shot a nice 8 pointer with it this fall,....except he closed to 50 yards chasing a doe so the accuracy wasn't really needed. Ran 20-30 yards after the shot and left a blood trail that a blind man could of followed, didn't recover the bullet. I don't think he wanted to give up on the doe!

I'm going to test these in my 300WSM this summer and see what I get out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.