Bergara Ridge Rifle in 300 PRC

Okie Whitetail Hunter

Seen this rifle today while crusing the internet. It was priced at around 800. Has anyone laid hands on this rifle or shot one in 300 PRC? Curious as most cost over 1k and i would like to have one.

I plan on building one next year, however when it comes to Bergara, I have purchased two of them, one in 7mm Rem Mag and the other in 6.5 Creed both are B14 HMR. I can tell you this about the Bergara, to me they are the best built Factory rifle you can buy, the barrel is floated, the action is smooth, the trigger is good and is adjustable with no creep. As for açcuracy, the 7mag produced MOA out of the box with factory ammo and with handloads they shrunk to .5 and smaller. The 6.5 Creed is the same out of the box with factory ammo, just now starting to try load development, I am sure it will produce with no problems. I am surprised nobody responded to you on the cartridge, I would have thought more people have owned one to give you a report.

Well to be honest, finding a factory 300 PRC with a cerakoted barreled action, muzzle brake and preferred 9 twist barrel in the 800.00 price range is unheard of. At least IMO. I'm also building one with those same specs. Granted it will be a custom and spec'd out exactly as I personally prefer but I don't think you can go wrong with this Bergara Rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.