.300 PRC Bergara

Hard Head

Bought a .300PRC Bergara Wilderness long rang and replaced the Omni brake that was on it and put their Self Timing one on,I never shot the Omni one to see if there is any difference on accuracy and recoil against each other,has anyone here? Thanks Pete

I shoot a Bergara premier HMR in 300prc. I hated the omnidirectional brake. Even off a bench it still blew debris everywhere and the concussion was horrible. I switched to a lambda VG6 side port brake and it's a night and day difference! My 300prc recoils less than my 25-06 does.... granted the 300prc weights almost twice as much but the side port brakes are the way to go especially if you are going to shoot prone. Accuracy has been sub moa since the first group of hornady 212gr precision hunter was fired. I'm currently working on a load with 230gr Atips. Afterwards I will work up a load with the 195gr HH. It is so nice to have a cip length detachable magazine in a off the shelf rifle.

I shoot a Bergara premier HMR in 300prc. I hated the omnidirectional brake. Even off a bench it still blew debris everywhere and the concussion was horrible. I switched to a lambda VG6 side port brake and it's a night and day difference! My 300prc recoils less than my 25-06 does.... granted the 300prc weights almost twice as much but the side port brakes are the way to go especially if you are going to shoot prone. Accuracy has been sub moa since the first group of hornady 212gr precision hunter was fired. I'm currently working on a load with 230gr Atips. Afterwards I will work up a load with the 195gr HH. It is so nice to have a cip length detachable magazine in a off the shelf rifle.
I bought the Bergara self timing and the only way I could reload for it was I had to buy 10 boxes of Hornady 225 ELD Match ammo,dumped the powder average weight was 79'5 grs. ,pulled the bullets with rcbs collet puller de primed cases and started over,worked up tp 88.0 gr.LRT with the 225,easy extracton,no plunger mars on head velocity has been between 2980 to just 3000,,had 22 touching then a flyer,started looking at pulled bullets and can feel a very small crimp either from the manufacturer or me,Got 5 boxes of 225's frpm Brownells today will see what happens now,Pete

I kinda did the same thing except I shot 5 boxes of the 212gr. I bought mine in the fall of 2018 when you could still get factory ammo and im glad I stocked up. The 230 Atip load is in lapua brass. RL26 is your friend..... if you can find it

I kinda did the same thing except I shot 5 boxes of the 212gr. I bought mine in the fall of 2018 when you could still get factory ammo and im glad I stocked up. The 230 Atip load is in lapua brass. RL26 is your friend..... if you can find it
I have about 1/2# R26 2# LRT and 1/2# MagPro,not a heck of alot,I would have liked to try have tried N570 but that seems to be a ghost powder,last year at this time I thought it would be all over,Guess again. What were your loads that worked,Pete

I bought the Bergara self timing and the only way I could reload for it was I had to buy 10 boxes of Hornady 225 ELD Match ammo,dumped the powder average weight was 79'5 grs. ,pulled the bullets with rcbs collet puller de primed cases and started over,worked up tp 88.0 gr.LRT with the 225,easy extracton,no plunger mars on head velocity has been between 2980 to just 3000,,had 22 touching then a flyer,started looking at pulled bullets and can feel a very small crimp either from the manufacturer or me,Got 5 boxes of 225's from Brownells today will see what happens now,Pete
When talking about Mags that is why I sold the 300Win. was hampered by short box and a short throat,Love the Bergara ,put a trigger tech Diamond on it and is awsome,no more wandering when she's going off, Pete

I've been seeing magpro a lot here lately. I might try that with the hammers. I'm putting 77.6gr of RL26 in lapua brass and get 2980fps with a 230 Atip. It's an accurate load. I ran all the way to 78.4gr with RL26 before primers started getting flat and wasn't gaining much speed. Had a good node from 77.2 to 77.8 so I settled on 77.6gr.

I forget to take pictures but i can confirm that a 230 Atip is bad medicine for hogs out to 800yds so far.

The premier series comes with a triggertech.

I've been seeing magpro a lot here lately. I might try that with the hammers. I'm putting 77.6gr of RL26 in lapua brass and get 2980fps with a 230 Atip. It's an accurate load. I ran all the way to 78.4gr with RL26 before primers started getting flat and wasn't gaining much speed. Had a good node from 77.2 to 77.8 so I settled on 77.6gr.

I forget to take pictures but i can confirm that a 230 Atip is bad medicine for hogs out to 800yds so far.

The premier series comes with a triggertech.
I have seen Magnum also,just wish there was more powder available,Pete