Bell & Carlson Stock for .308?

bowhunthard88

Hey guys,

I was looking for an aftermarket stock for my .308 win VTR. What style would you recommend, the Bell & Carlson #2956 or the #2958? Weight could be an issue here so... I'm kinda leaning toward the "light tactical" but I figured I'd ask in case some of you guys had expirience with these stocks.

Thanks for the help.

I just got a new stock for my VTR today. I got the Bell and Carlson A2 in tan with the black webbing. dropped in in less than 5 min. great fit, fully floated, aluminum block bedded. Looks sweet! I will shoot it tomorrow and do a comparison between it and the old stock. But so far very impressed! BTW picked it up for $217 from stockys. I have big plans for this baby.

That stock looks sweet!!! Let me know how the gun shoots.

I ordered the olive green with black web because I bought the olive Burris TAC30 scope. This is the stock I ordered (in OD green of course).

stock.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Rem700 SPS in .308. The original stock is a piece of junk so I had been looking for a new stock. I liked the B&C tactical stocks - they're fairly inexpensive and have a full bedding block. The one thing they lack is an adjustable cheek piece. I found this to be a worthwhile feature when I tried shooting a friends rifle with the B&C tactical stock. I had to lift my head to be able to see through the scope (medium rings, 40mm objective). So I kept searching. Ultimately I settled on a laminate stock from Sharp Shooter Supply:

Sharp Shooter Laminate Varmint Tactical Centerfire Stock

Ok, shot it today. It is a work in progress, I found that my cheek did not have a good hold on the stock, it slipped. So a pad of some sort is nessesary, also I did find myself lifting my head to view my scope. But dispite all of that the first two rounds at 100 were in the same hole! I dont know why I was surprised to find that my zero changed and I had to resight in my rifle. The only camera i had is my cell phone, but here are the first two...

download

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.