Beating The Odds-Bighorns

ADMIN

Administrator
By any measure, hunting mountain sheep is a challenging undertaking. In North America, there are four species of wild sheep and I've been fortunate to have hunted them all multiple times. But the one specimen that is most difficult to take is the Rocky Mountain bighorn. Success rates for guided hunts, even with excellent outfitters in good areas, historically only run around 50%. These odds are significantly lower than those expected while hunting the bighorn's cousins—Dall, Stone and desert sheep.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Beating The Odds-Bighorns , By Paul C. Carter. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Awesome story!!! Awesome trophy!!!
Thanks for sharing.
That type of hunt is what I dream of. This article will keep me dreaming:D

Great read Paul........It almost makes me want to get these old knees in shape and do it again....(emphasis on "almost"). I have had the good fortune to take a Bighorn and a Dall ram and i can honestly say that sheep hunting is just as good as it gets. Kudos on taking them with the smokepole. That was indeed a feat. AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.