Bear protection handguns?

Not pointing out any one person at all, by any means, I don't have a dog in the fight. It's just like every time I go through one of these bear protection threads, I know that an argument is bound to start ha ha.

We have rule #1, we don't discuss (you know what), maybe we should add rules 1.33 and 1.66, 1.33 being that we don't discuss bear protection for the same reason as rule #1, and rule 1.66 being that anytime you mention or reference the 6.5 creedmoor you have to donate $1 to a charity lol

Just kidding guys, I don't really think we need more rules. Just laughing at the situation!!!!!!

Not pointing out any one person at all, by any means, I don't have a dog in the fight. It's just like every time I go through one of these bear protection threads, I know that an argument is bound to start ha ha.

We have rule #1, we don't discuss (you know what), maybe we should add rules 1.33 and 1.66, 1.33 being that we don't discuss bear protection for the same reason as rule #1, and rule 1.66 being that anytime you mention or reference the 6.5 creedmoor you have to donate $1 to a charity lol

Just kidding guys, I don't really think we need more rules. Just laughing at the situation!!!!!!
Baby laghing.gif

In a real (unexpected, ie. not a bear hunt) bear attack you'll never have the time to fire more than 2 or 3 shots so having 16 shots wont help your chances of hitting the bear, that's just rediculous.

On the other hand, I've carried both a big .44mag and .454 and now carry an XDM 10mm. The reason I transitioned is simply bulk and weight, the 10mm isn't quite as good a round but it's a lot easier to carry all day. But make no mistake, no pistol is as good as a rifle when it comes to taking down a bear and the 10mm is simply a compromise based on the slim odds that I'll ever be attacked vs. having to carry something that's simply useless dead weight.
I do not care what other people think about my choice of weapon, I still like my odds of 15+1 vs 6. And yes, I also have a .44 Mag and shoot them both very well. But I shoot my Glock 40 better ... practice, practice, practice. It's either you're an expert psychic or a Vegas gambler to predict my odds on a bear attack. There is nothing ridiculous about it, let me see you fire a warning shot with a six-shooter. With 16, it affords me warning shots and still have plenty of rounds left for the defense unlike the six-shooter

Pick your own weapon to defend your life and I will do the same. It boils down to personal preference regardless of what other people like yourself think, it really is that simple. So, move on and let others synthesize this thread to their advantage.

@jeffreyjwilliams, my apologies for contributing to the derailment of your thread.

You and I both, brother. You carry a glock 10mm, I carry a 4" Taurus tracker .44, and we can still be friends lol. I think it mostly comes down to respect, or lack thereof.
Yes Sir, I also have a Taurus Tracker in .44 Mag that is ported. The gun shoots very well and the recoil/muzzle rise is similar to my 9MM/.40 S&W.

I do not care what other people think about my choice of weapon, I still like my odds of 15+1 vs 6. And yes, I also have a .44 Mag and shoot them both very well. But I shoot my Glock 40 better ... practice, practice, practice. It's either you're an expert psychic or a Vegas gambler to predict my odds on a bear attack. There is nothing ridiculous about it, let me see you fire a warning shot with a six-shooter. With 16, it affords me warning shots and still have plenty of rounds left for the defense unlike the six-shooter

Pick your own weapon to defend your life and I will do the same. It boils down to personal preference regardless of what other people like yourself think, it really is that simple. So, move on and let others synthesize this thread to their advantage.

@jeffreyjwilliams, my apologies for contributing to the derailment of your thread.
X-2

Recent Posts