Bear claw

Horkjab

I'm running out of trophy bonded bear claw bullets. Does anyone know what bullet is as close as possible?

Nosler Accubond and Hornady Interbond will give you the same or very nearly the same terminal performance.

Nosler's Partition is similar.

After about a 3 year hiatus Hornady has the Interbond back in production first in factory ammo and now a few are starting to hit the shelves for reloaders.

Great suggestions. Do you know of any projectiles that have a solid base like the Bear Claws?

Great suggestions. Do you know of any projectiles that have a solid base like the Bear Claws?

Edit. I don't know why this posted twice.

Both the Accubond and Interbond are solid base bullets. The Partition is not a solid base but for deep penetration and good ballistics out to 600-800yds it's an extremely popular bullet for Elk, Moose, and African Game up to and including everything but Elephant.

The Swift A Frame falls into the same category but they have pretty low BC's. It's not a bullet I would shoot probably past 300-400yds on game.

The Hornady Interbond is the most reliable and consistent lead core bullet I've ever used and I have yet to find a rifle that wouldn't shoot them pretty well or better. The Nosler Accubond rates right up there with the Interbond and is available just about anywhere that sells reloading supplies.

My bullet of choice has become the Peregrine VRG4 and VLR.

https://www.peregrinebullets.com/peregrine-plainsmaster-bullet-ballistics/

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts