Battery Pack For Cell Phone

Wedgy

Going on a 5 day backpack hunt and I will be trying out a portable solar cell phone charger for the first time. I use the phone for some pictures as well as filming thru the spotting scope, I don't care for the phone part as there's no reception anyways. I bought one of these cheapy ones from Ebay for $12 and so far it has powered the Labradar for a short range session and recharged my phone 3 times and it still indicates over 3/4 full. The Labradar is heavy on batteries too. Instructions say to charge and fully discharge it twice but so far I haven't been able to fully discharge it. I don't really have much that charges from a USB cord. I just got it Sunday and leave tonight so not a lot of time to mess with it, pretty sure the 80,000mAh is a bit generous, but for $12 it doesn't seem too bad so far, even better if the solar part works. My girlfriend can go thru a cellphone battery like there's no tomorrow so she's the official tester.
Will give an update when I get back.
Black 80000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Battery Charger Power Bank for Cell Phone | eBay

On the trip it was used 6 times to recharge dead cell phones and still didn't drop below 50%, then we set it in the sun and it was back to 100% charged in 3 hours. It comes with a cord and 5 or 6 common plug type adapters but they can be a little finicky if not positioned just right. Definitely worth the small investment.

For the price I would have never believed that this unit would have been worth the plastic it is made out of. I'm a big fan of bringing an extra battery pack with on camping/fishing/hunting trips for charging various things and it works excellent I think it's a Isound brand one. The one I have is 16000MAH and its always been plenty so 80000MAH just sounds like it would be complete over kill for everything HAHA.

On the trip it was used 6 times to recharge dead cell phones and still didn't drop below 50%, then we set it in the sun and it was back to 100% charged in 3 hours. It comes with a cord and 5 or 6 common plug type adapters but they can be a little finicky if not positioned just right. Definitely worth the small investment.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a bargain.

I use a smaller 10,000 mah battery and recharge it during the day with my Suntactics panel. Usually recharge everything at night from the big battery pack.

I can second the Dark Energy Poseidon. Its light weight and very compact. It can also be hung onto your pack while walking and charging.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.