base & rings for light tactical?

EXPRESS

I need to get a base and rings for my Rem LTR in .223rem.

I'm not keen on spending the same kind of money I spent on my last rifle, so what are some reasonably economical rings and base that would be suitable for this rifle.

Considering the capabilities of the cartridge, I wouldn't expect to shoot much further than 300, maybe 400m.

Express.. what kind of rings and base have you on the other rifle? go for a picatinny rail. If you already have a picatinny rail and rings on your other rifle, why don't you try swapping the scope from one rifle to the other. If you have good quality kit you will find that you can swap the scope over, dial in the required adjustment from one rifle to the other and be spot on zero. I can do this between 3 different rifles using my Badger Ord picatinny bases and rings and a S&B PMII.
Pete

Pete, I have Baer custom steel rings and a OIR base on a HS HTR in .308, mounting a NF 8-32x56.

While your idea does mean saving plenty of $$$ it does mean putting a huge and heavy scope and kit onto a small and supposedly light tactical rifle.

I will be mounting the new Springfield Armoury 6-20x50 on this .223.

I have heard some not so good things about these scopes, but only when compared to Nighforce.

I want to try it out for myself, if it turns out I don't like it, I have a friend who would only be too happy to get the scope from me.

Check it out: http://www.riflescopes.com/products/GE5099MD/springfield_armory_6-20x50.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.