• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

BARRELS NEEDED USED

Mike Matteson

Needing 2 Older barrels in 6mm and 257 calibers (1 ec) for a 700 rem action. It's for fireforming cases only. I have the reamers for the 6mm, and the 25/280AI reamer is order out.
I had been thinking that the smith had one on hand. Turn out that he didn't. There I go again thinking!🤣
Not for sure if FFL is going to be needed to ship? I can I believe I can arrange that if needed.

Needing 2 Older barrels in 6mm and 257 calibers (1 ec) for a 700 rem action. It's for fireforming cases only. I have the reamers for the 6mm, and the 25/280AI reamer is order out.
I had been thinking that the smith had one on hand. Turn out that he didn't. There I go again thinking!🤣
Not for sure if FFL is going to be needed to ship? I can I believe I can arrange that if needed.
I have a factory 257 Weatherby Remington 700 fluted stainless looks like a #4 contour possibly and a 7 Rem mag custom barrel #4 fluted with a brake. This barrel and never been shot.

Let me know if you're interested in any of these.

Thanks.

I've got 2 243 win barrels. Had to notch them to unscrew them from the action.

I have 2, 243Win Remington barrels one is unfired and the other has less than 50 rounds down it

I think that you are looking for a barrel that is shot out or not used anymore for no cost or verry little so you can cut the breach off and rechamber it to 6mm and 25-280ai.. Mike just make sure when you get the barrels that they have enough Breach material to cut a new chamber. Some pencil contours don't really leave enough.
Something simpler.
Just shoot loaded ammo. They will shoot just fine and you will get your fire form.
You will be breaking in your barrel.
Practice shooting
and a fireformed case

Last edited:
You'll have to cut out quite a bit of a .243Win chamber to switch to 6mm Remington. Make sure whatever length and contour you get has enough room for such a thing.

I'm thinking it's not a 6mm Rem chamber but some 6mm wildcat or improved.
Otherwise, why fireform std 6mm Rem brass. But yeah, you'd have to remove quite a bit of the old 243 Win chamber to make that work.

I have a factory 257 Weatherby Remington 700 fluted stainless looks like a #4 contour possibly and a 7 Rem mag custom barrel #4 fluted with a brake. This barrel and never been shot.

Thanks.
What do you want for the 7 rem mag barrel, twist rate?

Thanks.
Thanks, but no Thanks. These 2 barrels are for fireforming cases. Will use my reamers on hand to reset the chamber for fireforming. So no knew barrels is need. That work will be done by my GunSmith.

I think that you are looking for a barrel that is shot out or not used anymore for no cost or verry little so you can cut the breach off and rechamber it to 6mm and 25-280ai.. Mike just make sure when you get the barrels that they have enough Breach material to cut a new chamber. Some pencil contours don't really leave enough.
Something simpler.
Just shoot loaded ammo. They will shoot just fine and you will get you fire form.
You will be breaking in your barrel.
Practice shooting
and a fireformed case
I understand that, and I know I need to the brake in the barrels. The smith will do the work, not me. That's above my pay grade. I generally run my reloads very hot, so the brass primer pocket don't last to long. So presently I am working this angle. Being it's a 6mm/280AI I have a feeling that burning out the lands in the chamber area will happen quickly. The barrel in the 6mm/280AI is 32" cut back to 30" so there room to rechamber it a few times.