barrel issues at 200 rounds????

tobacco road

Hey everyone, I have a question regarding a new barrel. I have a 6.5 stw a 28"hart1-8 twist shooting 140gr. Bergers at 3450fps. Accuracy was never a problem until the past few weeks. I'm getting close to 2"groups at 100 yards, I was having a 150 fps diviation problem but now that that is worked out I'm still shooting horrible groups?!?!?! Yeah I know I'm shooting an over bore round but I only have about 200 rounds down the tube. Is it possible my throat is already eroded that bad?? I cannot get my hands on a bore scope to get to the bottom of this but my scope mounts are tight and I do every possible to prep my brass I'm seating bullets .0010 off lands. I hear people mention getting special barrels to shoot berger bullets like ratcheting 3 grove and what not can someone give the run down on what works best for bergers at somewhat the velocity I'm at? In case I need to re barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts