Ballistics for graphing calculator?

Sasquatch

I already posted this in the ballistics programs thread that is tacked to the top of this index, but haven't gotten any responses so I am going to try a new thread.

I don't currently have the funds to a pda, but do have a ti-86 graphing calculator. does anyone know of a ballistics program that I could change into z80 (?) language so the calculator can recognize it. I don't have any programming software, but do know how to write programs in notepad and transfer them to my calculator. Any help on this would be appreciated.

If you know of one that is already written for the ti-86, that would be even more helpful.

Good luck man, I've been looking for a ballistics program for my old school TI-85 for about 5 years. If you find anything let me know. I just made a few basic table readout programs based on equations, but they only get me on the paper.

I believe that the balistics software is running a maple like program which is programed into the Ti-89s and higher. If that is the case, it will be next to impossible to write a code to factor in all the variables at given points, plus the three dimensional graphing function. Even after the 3-D graphing function is imported to the Ti-86, there are not enough capabilities to account for everything you would want. I tried on my Ti-85 to write a simple program, but I ran into problems very quickly. I am not sure if it is me, or the capability of the calculator. I am leaning more toward the calculator having the limited capability.

It may not be the best answer, but has anybody considered dragging a laptop to the range with ths Barnes Ballistic CD calculator? It is very easy to use and you can change any variable like SD/BC, wind and velocity. It's just a thought-and something else to drag along. Laptops are expensive though.

is $30 out of my range for a program on the graphing calculator or for a PDA I can get a ballistics program on?

send me an e-mail aobut specifics if you don't want to post.

Is $30 too much for a pda that will run external ballistics software?
I am using a shareware program on a palm Vx pda that cost me $32 on ebay. The program is shareware (free to use and distribute) and will work on any palm with an OS of 3.5, and 2mb of memory or more. I have calculated firing solutions out to 1470yds with a 220SMK from my 300WM. Calculations were accurate to inches at 1000, and within a foot at 1470. The cheapest pdas that will run this program is some of the Palm III variants. I got the Vx since it had more memory, that way the girlfriend can play tetris while im shooting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just look for the 3.5OS and 2mb specifications when you are looking to buy. These specifications will also allow you to run the Perry systems exbal program later on when when you have some cash around.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.