Ballistics App

Educated Redneck

Is there a comprehensive ballistics app for the iphone/android that will calculate 'shoot to distances'? The Shooter App looks great, but as every other calculator, produces the solution in inches, mils, MOA, clicks etc., but never the 'shoot to' range. What I want to do is use my rangefinder to get the actual line of site distance and punch it into the calculator and have the 'shoot like distance' given as the output. Say, 890 yds, but a different elevation, temp, incline, etc. goes into the calculation, then when clicking the solution button, the output data is the 'shoot like' distance in yards. Line of site is 890, but shoot like distance is 760 yds. Those of us who have BDC dial turrets would find this very useful, but I can't find any calculators doing this short of buying the $1500 G7 BR2 rangefinder as seen at Gunwerks. With the above app/calculator, any reliable rangefinder could do what the BR2 does (for those of us who already own a good RF). Can anybody enlighten me on such a calculator or app?... or develop one and send me a LRH rig when they make a pile of money from the idea!

Yes. You are right. I will go back to my original MOA turrets and be good to go. With the shooter app, this couldn't be more simple and after I posted, I started thinking along the same lines how obvious it should have been to just change the units on my scope which is how it originally came anyway (bushnell elite tactical). That said, I know a lot of new LRH folks don't get exposed to the original ways and get a little brainwashed by the bdc turrets on the hunting shows. I see more and more out of the box custom systems ready to shoot with yardage turrets only. Expensive set ups typically with rather unknowledgable owners. Thanks for the wake up call.

Nope, I got it. I haven't researched too many of other members' comments on the app, but so far I'm very impressed. Love the Zero Atmosphere option... man I've been waiting for that for a long time.

BTW, I see your builds appear to be a great price point on a great gun. Might be hearing from me some time!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.