Ballistic calculator

@DDWing I have tried three software (BallisticAE, Hornady and QuickTarget which is part of QuickLoad). The all agree at both 300 and 500 yards, around 11.1~ drop and 51.7~ drop respectiviley. I would say something else is amiss
Each app seems to come up with different ballistics. Strelok says 35.6 at 500. BallisticAE says 51.7, but the actual drop is 45. Its all confusing.

Can you screen shoot what you put into your app and post it? I really want you to figure this out
I can't get my phone to do screen shots. My better half and I have tried numerous times, and she's a computer genius. I posted all of my input information yesterday. I don't know the post number. Sorry.

One stupid question. You listed the scope "height" as 2.75" IIRC. That would be from the center of the bore to the center of the optic. Correct?

To me that seems abbynormaly high. Just AWAG or comment. I don't shoot 1000yd rigs just little 'ol hunting rigs.

One stupid question. You listed the scope "height" as 2.75" IIRC. That would be from the center of the bore to the center of the optic. Correct?

To me that seems abbynormaly high. Just AWAG or comment. I don't shoot 1000yd rigs just little 'ol hunting rigs.
Yes, it's correct. It's an AR15. I can post a picture of it if you like.

I can't get my phone to do screen shots. My better half and I have tried numerous times, and she's a computer genius. I posted all of my input information yesterday. I don't know the post number. Sorry.
Do you have a simple ballistic format like bullet flight? I literally have all of them but something just isn't adding up. Someone else has done it but we can give you pictures of dope for you to compare on your apps.

Yes, it's correct. It's an AR15. I can post a picture of it if you like.

Lol. No reason to. I have some of thems so understand completely. Another question. Are you sure the barrel and receiver alignment is perfectly straight? Possible the extension is not "straight"? As you know thousands turn into inches or feet.

Hope I'm not adding to the hair pulling. I only have a few raggly wisps of hair left up top from working on rifles.

Do you have a simple ballistic format like bullet flight? I literally have all of them but something just isn't adding up. Someone else has done it but we can give you pictures of dope for you to compare on your apps.
There have been a couple of members that posted dope spreads. Some of them matched up on some yardages, but not all.

Lol. No reason to. I have some of thems so understand completely. Another question. Are you sure the barrel and receiver alignment is perfectly straight? Possible the extension is not "straight"? As you know thousands turn into inches or feet.

Hope I'm not adding to the hair pulling. I only have a few raggly wisps of hair left up top from working on rifles.
Everything is good with the rifle. At 500 yards, I'm hitting 1 inch right, 1 in low. This is a 1/4 MOA rifle. I/2 MOA with factory Hornaday 123 gr ELDM.

Anything that runs Applied Ballistics is the only way to go IMO. Shooter. AB. Kestrel all will give same results with same input. Never had a wrong dope unless an input was wrong Which I've done many times
With applied ballistics you can run a single BC or purchase a custom curve ,with Shooter I run my own custom curve of five BC's from Bryan Litz his book ballistic performance of rifle bullets
image.jpg

This is three shots at 200 yrds to verify the load I'm shooting.

Attachments

• 20210905_120554.jpg
    20210905_120554.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 50