Ballistic calculator

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

@DDWing if I enter yesterdays data, I get 9.05" drop at 300 yards and 43" drop at 500 yards, assuming I am doing Today, strelok showed 8.23 inch drop at 300, but it was actually 11 inches. It showed a 35.6 inch drop at 500, but was actually 45 inches. The further out I shoot, the worse the calculations are.
@DDWing if I enter yesterdays data, I get 9.05" drop at 300 yards and 43" drop at 500 yards, assuming I am doing it right.

@DDWing if I enter yesterdays data, I get 9.05" drop at 300 yards and 43" drop at 500 yards, assuming I am doing it right.

I have checked, and rechecked the information numerous times, and nothing lines up. This Grendel is a 1/4 moa rifle. I can shoot bullet drops, measure them, adjust my scope for said drops, and it's spot on. I just can't get the ballistic calculators to line up with the ballistics of the rifle. I have the same problem with my other rifles. I have a Remington 700 long range in 300WM, and I run into the same problem with it.
The best I've found is Kestrel. It's spot on.

Sorry, Imy memory was failing me, I went back and look again
I am trying to check another Ballistic program
Ballistic AE syas -11.14

Horandy and BallisticAE agree at both 300 yards and 500 yards. I would adjust your MV to much the drop if I were you. There must be something wrong with the Chrony of all else is correct. JMHO

Horandy and BallisticAE agree at both 300 yards and 500 yards. I would adjust your MV to much the drop if I were you. There must be something wrong with the Chrony of all else is correct. JMHO
I've tried dropping my MV by 300, and it's still too low. Both chronographs work perfectly, except for the occasional error with the Caldwell.

I worked 2 years as a RSO and volunteer instructor at a 1100 yard range. The app work some do more than others. Applied ballistic pro is dirt cheap and has a tone of video support and books available to teach you external ballistic.

The saying junk in junk out is 1000% correct.

Go back to basics. Research how to run a tall target test. Verify your rig is dialing straight up and down, there is a way to measure the accuracy of the clicks while running the tall target. Do so.AB pro allows you to input a constant to adjust if it's off. You won't likely notice with the grindel at 300. But with true long range cal at a 1000 and beyond you will.

Once you know it dialing straight up and down, and the measurements are right the set your scope level using the lines you drew on the tall target.

The chronograph should be close enough , if your rifle is not shooting one moa at a 100 or better don't waste too much time and money on this. 3" groups at 100 will be 9"!groups at 300. You won't be consistent enough to get a good read on what's it doing.

Always dial when confirming data. Try to true your data at the distastance just south of it going trans sonic if you have the range available, if not as far out as you can reach with the understanding it's not ideal.

Once you verified data on your dials get a target with a grid you can read at a 100 , 200 etc then a bull or square and verify your retical. You need to know if you have a first or second plane scope and what that means to you.

My post is to not necessarily to try solve your problem but to illustrate what you don't understand and start you down the path to correct that.you have lots of study to do just as we all did when we started down the path

I worked 2 years as a RSO and volunteer instructor at a 1100 yard range. The app work some do more than others. Applied ballistic pro is dirt cheap and has a tone of video support and books available to teach you external ballistic.

Go back to basics. Research how to run a tall target test. Verify your rig is dialing straight up and down, there is a way to measure the accuracy of the clicks while running the tall target. Do so.AB pro allows you to input a constant to adjust if it's off. You won't likely notice with the grindel at 300. But with true long range cal at a 1000 and beyond you will.

Once you know it dialing straight up and down, and the measurements are right the set your scope level using the lines you drew on the tall target.

The chronograph should be close enough , if your rifle is not shooting one moa at a 100 or better don't waste too much time and money on this. 3" groups at 100 will be 9"!groups at 300. You won't be consistent enough to get a good read on what's it doing.

Always dial when confirming data. Try to true your data at the distastance just south of it going trans sonic if you have the range available, if not as far out as you can reach with the understanding it's not ideal.

Once you verified data on your dials get a target with a grid you can read at a 100 , 200 etc then a bull or square and verify your retical. You need to know if you have a first or second plane scope and what that means to you.

My post is to not necessarily to try solve your problem but to illustrate what you don't understand and start you down the path to correct that.you have lots of study to do just as we all did when we started down the path

Good advice…the op covered what you're talking about though when others were trying to trouble shoot.

I appreciate the info, but I've been shooting for 55 years. I just got into long range shooting about 2 years ago, even though I have taken deer at over 500 yrds in the past. My scope is tracking perfectly, and I now shoot out to 800 yrds accurately. I would shoot further, but that's the limit of my shooting range. It's definitely not my shooting, or my equipment.

@DDWing I have tried three software (BallisticAE, Hornady and QuickTarget which is part of QuickLoad). The all agree at both 300 and 500 yards, around 11.1~ drop and 51.7~ drop respectiviley. I would say something else is amiss