Ballistic app - wind question

blackdog

This seems like a stupid question to me, but I want to be sure. So, when working in Shooter or Ballistic AE, when inputing the wind direction, do you consider the angle similar to a clock, with the target at 12:00 and where 90 degree would be wind from 3:00 position, 180, from behind you at 6:00, and 270 from the 9:00 position and so forth?

Yes. Did you notice on Shooter, if you have that, you can open the wind direction grid and it gives you and arrow. You can move the arrow around for direction and make it shorter or longer for speed. Pretty cool little option.

Yes. Did you notice on Shooter, if you have that, you can open the wind direction grid and it gives you and arrow. You can move the arrow around for direction and make it shorter or longer for speed. Pretty cool little option.

Thanks. I had not found that little tool before so I appreciate that little heads up and clarifying my thoughts.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.