Bad Customer Service from XXXX, but Kudos to MasterCard

And for the record...LRH has a policy of not airing disputes with vendors here on the site...whether the vendor is a Sponsor or not. These topics can not fairly be resolved in a public forum.

Rule #8 here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/faq/
8 There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

We had a nasty one last year involving a vendor (not a Sponsor at the time) and I established that rule at that time.

A topic where there is a general discussion where someone asks: "How is JK Smith Company to work with?" is ok.

But not a new thread expressly to complain or give notice about a problem.

Again, this is how I feel regardless of whether the vendor is a Sponsor.

On other forums where I see this I just cringe to think how hard it is to be fair and objective...and so often the vendor has no knowledge of the issue. And the readers never know how accurately the writer is in his story.

I have seen examples where 3 or 4 pages into the discussion the complainer backs down and apologizes when the facts come out. But by then a gazillion people have read only the first 2 negative pages -- without the final resolution exonerating the vendor.

And this has nothing to do specifically with Barm. I AM NOT TARGETING BARM.

I will be deleting this thread in a day or so when anyone previously involved in the thread has had a chance to see my comments here. Since it violates the rules it has no place remaining as a thread.

Last edited:
And for the record...LRH has a policy of not airing disputes with vendors here on the site...whether the vendor is a Sponsor or not. These topics can not fairly be resolved in a public forum.

Rule #8 here:
LongRangeHunting.com Online Magazine and Forums - FAQ
8 There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

We had a nasty one last year involving a vendor (not a Sponsor at the time) and I established that rule at that time.

A topic where there is a general discussion where someone asks: "How is JK Smith Company to work with?" is ok.

But not a new thread expressly to complain or give notice about a problem.

Again, this is how I feel regardless of whether the vendor is a Sponsor.

On other forums where I see this I just cringe to think how hard it is to be fair and objective...and so often the vendor has no knowledge of the issue. And the readers never know how accurately the writer is in his story.

I have seen examples where 3 or 4 pages into the discussion the complainer backs down and apologizes when the facts come out. But by then a gazillion people have read only the first 2 negative pages -- without the final resolution exonerating the vendor.

And this has nothing to do specifically with Barm. I AM NOT TARGETING BARM.

I will be deleting this thread in a day or so when anyone previously involved in the thread has had a chance to see my comments here. Since it violates the rules it has no place remaining as a thread.

Len very well said..

DM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.