Backpacking bet

Wyodog

I need some help figuring out how to take advantage of the bet that I won with my brother. We had a bet, which I won, where Loser of the the bet has to carry something on our next backpacking trip that the winner gets to pick. The rules are that it can't weigh more than 5 lbs and it has to be something that we can both enjoy. Our wove will ask be going along and maybe a few others so group use is not out of the questin.

Any good ideas?

Litehiker

#1 on those steaks. I vote for rib eye.

BTW, I once walked 3 miles back to an Indian Reservation at the head of the French River (Ontario) to buy steaks that my buddy had forgotten and left on his kitchen table. (Being a bachelor he had a stinky kitchen when he returned 10 days later.) But our canoe trip continued with happy paddlers once we cooked those steaks!

Eric B.

BMF

#1 on those steaks. I vote for rib eye.

BTW, I once walked 3 miles back to an Indian Reservation at the head of the French River (Ontario) to buy steaks that my buddy had forgotten and left on his kitchen table. (Being a bachelor he had a stinky kitchen when he returned 10 days later.) But our canoe trip continued with happy paddlers once we cooked those steaks!

Eric B.
And a couple beers. Life is good.
Couple of beers gets my vote. A can of beer weighes 13oz.~ So 4 beers (52 oz.) leaves about 28oz.~ for a small cooler and ice.
......what a great bet!

Xenophon

Try a flask filled with whatever liquor the group can come to a consensus on, as well as a container for a mixer?
But definitely those Ribeyes that people have been talking about!

Alternatively, substitute one for a packet of graham crackers, chocolate, and a ziploc of mallows.

Wyo37

No need to bring ice for the beer, thats what cold mountain creeks are for.

And I vote beer.

Mram10us

LRH Team Member
Spotting scope and tripod. I’m all for steak, but would rather have 5lb less walking around in the hills.