Backpack hunt wish list

KU-Mule

If money were no object make a list of all the equipment you would use on a backpack hunt lasting 5 days. Your location is between 9k and 11k feet and 5 to 10 miles from base camp/truck/home. Remember you can buy the most expensive items, but too much weight would unrealistic given the destination.

Everyone knows the items out there and dreams of having it all. Well here is your chance. Have at it...create the perfect hunt with the perfect tools.

Go!

I have everything on my wish list except for a lighter sleeping bag. Not sure what I want yet. Oh yeah I almost forgot....I would love to have the compact size Swarovski spotting scope.

Well, I too have about everything I need and it's all quality equipment. God knows I paid enough for it all..............:)
I've always looked at a Melvin Forbes ultralight rifles and Patrick Smiths (Kifaru) rambling rifles-----kind of wanted one of each. Expensive light rifles. And since money is no object, I'd put a Schmidt and Bender scope on it.
I'm not a huge techie guy but I'd get a SAT phone. Kinda one of those items you would always like to have but never had the money for.
I've also not purchased FirstLite clothing due to the expense but would most likely be outfitted with some of their stuff.
Give me some more time and I'll come up with some more spendy gear cause I am a gear whore........:D

Randy

Although I've got everything I need, if we're playing the wish-list game, here's a few goodies I would look at getting.

Satellite phone
Swarovski EL 10x50's
G7 BR2 rangefinder
Kifaru pack, likely the Timberline 1
New scope for my LR rifle: March 2.5-25x52 Tactical

Weather/wind meter, maybe the Kestrel Horus w/ Atrag ballistics, maybe the Kestrel 4500. Might actually get the 4500.

2 new 3-person tents. a 3-season and a 4-season. not sure which ones. what's the best and lightest?

And one of those Kifaru Tipi tents and a titanium stove. not sure how that would work out in a backpacking scenario, but those things just look cool and this is the wish list game.

Well, I too have about everything I need and it's all quality equipment. God knows I paid enough for it all..............:)
I've always looked at a Melvin Forbes ultralight rifles and Patrick Smiths (Kifaru) rambling rifles-----kind of wanted one of each. Expensive light rifles. And since money is no object, I'd put a Schmidt and Bender scope on it.
I'm not a huge techie guy but I'd get a SAT phone. Kinda one of those items you would always like to have but never had the money for.
I've also not purchased FirstLite clothing due to the expense but would most likely be outfitted with some of their stuff.
Give me some more time and I'll come up with some more spendy gear cause I am a gear whore........:D

Randy
I have a Melvin Forbes Ultra-Lite in 25x284. Rifle , 4.5x14 vx3, harris bipods, loaded = 7 lbs

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.