• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Available for Rent: 6.5 PRC AW2 & 300 PRC AW2 reamers

charliehorse27

I bought these to do chambers on my rifles and it was pretty easy after I got over the fear of doing something wrong. I'm renting them out to anyone else who needs this to do their's. If you are unfamiliar with this, if you're a reloader and shooting a PRC, you'll eventually have to do this.

I'll send it with the T-handle extension so you don't have to pull the barrel off, and cutting oil for $100, or $80 if all you need to rent is the reamer.

I cover shipping to you, and you return when finished.

Both reamers are either available, or with a very short wait time.

838460DC-D244-4A65-BAB8-C1A9C5985205.jpeg
C62197E9-BE11-4F03-BA40-ED06E354B9BC.jpeg
4FDD74CF-8194-47FB-A9FF-7CEC6A4ADBD6.jpeg
3B33D225-2B23-4211-859B-842CB0C2F7CC.jpeg

I can answer that. My Fierce Rival has always been slightly hard to close on resized cases. It got worse and finally yesterday it got very hard to open and close and the session ended with a case that jumped the extractor and stuck. It tapped fairly easily once I got home. it clearly showed a shiny ring at the .200 line of the case head. Factory ammo still opens and closes easily. If you're going to reload, it's worth the $100 gamble. Luckily I had gotten on David's ship to list last week. Hopefully I'll have it this week and be back up shooting this weekend.

The SAAMI specs that every chamber are set to are too small at the .200" line. Long explanation shorter, no reloading die can resize the brass where it needs to be sized, around this .200" line. Usually around the 3-4 firing on resized brass, it becomes sticky or people report "clickers." So the solution is opening this area in the chamber up slightly (.003") around that line, allowing the brass to expand slightly more, and this is enough that the dies can actually resize it, and everything functions as it should thereafter. For someone just using factory ammo (no successive growth of the brass), they'll never have to deal with it - just reloaders hoping to use their brass more than 4 times.

This thread on LongRangeOnly explains the steps for the fix. There's another thread somewhere over there too that has 500+ replies as folks attempted to figure out why the "clickers" were a thing, and how this came to discovery.