Aurora in Idaho

30378wbymag

Finally, After fifty years of understanding what it is. Seeing and photographing this is A - - - Bucket List Item... It reminded me just how incredible Mother Nature is and just how small we all are! Aurora Borealis If I had a daughter she just may have been named Aurora!!!

SM AB.jpg

Where was pic taken..direction..and time?
I went up on the mtn west of pocatello last nite and saw an 'everlasting sunset' to the west.....
I'd say sun was down by 850..had the orange haze for 45 minutes....with a slight lime green color above it....so I was there probably til 10pm..maybe later....
But nothing as bright as your pic...

That is a great picture! Its amazing to see the differences between each photo and the places they were taken on the map!
I took this picutre at 11:14 PM two nights ago at Potholes State Park outside of Moses Lake.
Ive never seen anything like it in my life.
Excellent topper to both my boys birthday camping trip.

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 17
Awesome shots, I took mine in Nampa at the Centennial Golf Course on top of the hill. EXIF data show this one I took @ 22:36. So AWESOME for many of us "lower 48 folks" to get eyes on this phenomena!!!

That is a great picture! Its amazing to see the differences between each photo and the places they were taken on the map!
I took this picutre at 11:14 PM two nights ago at Potholes State Park outside of Moses Lake.
Ive never seen anything like it in my life.
Excellent topper to both my boys birthday camping trip.
Fantastic shot MAYDAY15! I felt the same way! This was something to BEHOLD not just look at! I actually got a bit of a shimmer with the
reddish-pink color, I was so mesmerized I nearly forgot to take photos!!! I've captured the "green flash" before but Aurora far surpasses that!!!