Athlon Argo 6-24x50 ffp & Midas 4.5-27x50 sfp Thoughts

SofaKing

Was looking around and found Athlon Optics and was curious by some of the reviews. I was looking for some real world feedback and experience on the Argo 6:24x50 FFP and the Midas 4.5-27x50 SFP scopes. Anyone handled or have one? What's the glass like?

Don't get me wrong I like my Vortex Viper 4-16 hs-lr. But to get into the 6-24 power in a Viper hs or or pst is going to run $850 on up.

Might be willing to give the new company a try.

I looked at the Athlon Cronus and Midas scopes several months ago at a local dealer. Both had very good clarity at all magnifications edge to edge looking thru them outside in natural light.
A couple weeks ago,I went ahead and bought a Midas 4.5-27x50 to compare to the 5 Sightron SIII scopes that I have. So far,I'm impressed with the glass in the Athlon scope,as well as the APLR1 reticle. The turrets seem decent,not too hard or soft,and have positive clicks.
I haven't had time to test the tracking yet,I'm still building the rifle that it's going on. If it tracks as well as they say it does,it will be a great buy,IMO.

I looked at the Athlon Cronus and Midas scopes several months ago at a local dealer. Both had very good clarity at all magnifications edge to edge looking thru them outside in natural light.
A couple weeks ago,I went ahead and bought a Midas 4.5-27x50 to compare to the 5 Sightron SIII scopes that I have. So far,I'm impressed with the glass in the Athlon scope,as well as the APLR1 reticle. The turrets seem decent,not too hard or soft,and have positive clicks.
I haven't had time to test the tracking yet,I'm still building the rifle that it's going on. If it tracks as well as they say it does,it will be a great buy,IMO.

Would you say for the money the quality is there?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.