AT WITTS END

John215

I have officially given up on waiting for factory ELD-X ammo for my 6.5's. To be honest, my Cross performs much better with the ELD-M factory rounds as far as SD and ES, 11.4 and 30. Problem now is finding that factory ammo. I'm positive I can obtain even better performance with reloads. Here lies the next hurdle...I have a ton of primers, pills, and brass. But you guessed it...no fricking powder that I'm familiar with. Looking for info on base loads for the 147gr. ELD-M. Obviously the powders that we all have used for decades are not what I'm looking for. Has anyone out there strayed away and found a powder that works. I've had really good luck with Accurate 4350 and the A-tips. Any help would be much appreciated. I have no hair left to pull out.

Welcome, from Colorado.

To be helpful, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure that we are all on the same page. I'm assuming 6.5CM? Could be 6.5 PRC (or others), but with your question about A4350, I'm leaning toward you loading for a Creedmoor.

Having said that, what powders do you currently have access to? There is a great deal of information on this site regarding quality loads if we can get a couple of things narrowed down for you.

If you are still looking for 143's in Factory loaded ammo, and if you are looking for 6.5CM, here you go. They have it in stock as we speak.

Welcome, from Colorado.

To be helpful, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure that we are all on the same page. I'm assuming 6.5CM? Could be 6.5 PRC (or others), but with your question about A4350, I'm leaning toward you loading for a Creedmoor.

Having said that, what powders do you currently have access to? There is a great deal of information on this site regarding quality loads if we can get a couple of things narrowed down for you.

If you are still looking for 143's in Factory loaded ammo, and if you are looking for 6.5CM, here you go. They have it in stock as we speak.

You are correct with the "Creedmoor" part of it. I'm amazed that you could find factory Eld-x. I've already got an order in, thank you. I'm still very interested in building a load with the 147gr ELD-M's for the simple reason they perform very well in my Sig Cross, better that the Eld-x even. I've had very good luck and performance with the match rounds hunting as well. I have 1000 or more Match pills that need to be reloaded. The only powder I have access to at this time is Accurate 4350.

Winchesters, StaBall 6.5 and Hogdons reloading Data has, load Info for, that Bullet,.
The 147 looks to be, a "good one" for, the Creed !
StaBall is, slightly slower burning than, the 4350's so should,.. work, well !
Alliant's RL-16 is, another "good one" IF, you can find it.

Well, I'll say a couple of things up front.

#1 - Feel confident ordering from Mile High. They are a solid go-to shop for many LE, competitive, and "precision" shooters around the world. I am lucky enough to shop there in person on an almost weekly basis. These guys are tops.

#2 - While I have not personally loaded with the Accurate 4350, H4350 (which is close - BUT NOT IDENTICAL), is considered to be one of - if not the best 6.5CM powder out there. You should, therefore, have great luck in loading the ELD series bullets with your powder, if you choose to go that route.

Winchesters, StaBall 6.5 and Hogdons reloading Data has,.. load Info for, that Bullet,.
The 147 looks to be, a "good one" for, the Creed !
StaBall is, slightly slower burning than, the 4350's so should,.. work, well !
Appreciate it. Problem I'm having is finding powders that are listed in any of the reloading manuals.

Well, I'll say a couple of things up front.

#1 - Feel confident ordering from Mile High. They are a solid go-to shop for many LE, competitive, and "precision" shooters around the world. I am lucky enough to shop there in person on an almost weekly basis. These guys are tops.

#2 - While I have not personally loaded with the Accurate 4350, H4350 (which is close - BUT NOT IDENTICAL), is considered to be one of - if not the best 6.5CM powder out there. You should, therefore, have great luck in loading the ELD series bullets with your powder, if you choose to go that route.
Burn rates are very similar between the 2. Obviously the H4350 is the go to powder for sure. Issue with the Accurate 4350 is the temperature deviation, but I'm willing to suffer thru it till I can get my hands on a couple of 8 pounders.

Go to Hogdons Reloading Data, click on 6.5 creedmoor, click on 147 grain bullet and Win Powder,..and Print out, the Page.
Hogdon seems to, be a Distributor for Winchesters, StaBall .

When everyone was buying up all the 4350s for the 130-147 class of bullets. I found a 147 grain eld @2800 FPS load with h4831.
45 grains in startlite brass. Compressed
Very cool running load. Easy on the throat.
Never would I have thought 4831.. I use exclusively Hornady brass, but this gives me a starting platform to build with. Thanks.
Is this in 6.5 Creedmoor?