Assassin Muzzle Brake

JE Custom

Do you make these brakes from Chromoly and Stainless?

NO. They are made from 416 R (Barrel steel) Stainless only, and for the blue/black applications a baked on finish is used.

They are custom made brakes for specific cartridges and not mass produced.(I am retired).

Most barrels are easy to match except for the high gloss blueing on the older rifles.

J E CUSTOM

Here is the baked on finish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 108
I have a stainless steel one. I thought I might like to have a chromoly one for a chromoly barrel.

I have a stainless steel one. I thought I might like to have a chromoly one for a chromoly barrel.

I had thought about making some out of chrome moly but did not see any advantage in them because the material cost was very close and the maintenance was much more on the chrome moly
(If not cleaned often and oiled it could rust), Especially where the powder blasted the inside, the finish would not hold up
as well as the stainless.

Machining was essentially the same so with the Cerakote type of finishes, Matching is not a problem.
and matching any stainless barrel finish is easy because it is the same material.

Care and maintenance is also the same as the barrel.

Nothing wrong with the Chrome moly, just my choice.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts