Are you shooting as much with the ammo shortage ?

I have gone to the range a few times lately but I took more pow pows and only shot them about 6 times each or less .I even hate working up new loads burning up powder and primers .I don't this ammo and reloading supply shortage will end for years .It was like this all 8 years of oboma .I am going to swap meets from forums that are based out of GA the prices for stuff is just way too high .I was teaching a youth shooting group but that had to be canceled from lack of ammo .I am starting to mold bullets for my pistols again to be able to shoot much .I am thinking about making a civil war model cannon to shoot rocks out of for fun because ammo is cheap .
The compound and crossbows are starting to look a lot better here, near-term.

Long range can go from 1,000 yards to 100 yards 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've shot 3 PRS club matches since the pandemic began... registered for #4 this weekend. I've spent a lot less time training and just getting my reps in at matches. Have enough components to shoot a few more before I hit lower limit of what I am will to have on hand without re-ordering.

Hunting rifles/calibers were shot to verify zero and verify data but otherwise not running those much at all now.

I have gone to the range a few times lately but I took more pow pows and only shot them about 6 times each or less .I even hate working up new loads burning up powder and primers .I don't this ammo and reloading supply shortage will end for years .It was like this all 8 years of oboma .I am going to swap meets from forums that are based out of GA the prices for stuff is just way too high .I was teaching a youth shooting group but that had to be canceled from lack of ammo .I am starting to mold bullets for my pistols again to be able to shoot much .I am thinking about making a civil war model cannon to shoot rocks out of for fun because ammo is cheap .
I would say I am in maintenance and conservation mode. I shoot minimally to to try and preserve skill level and conserve my stores.

yes I am I have been stocking up at the start of osumers first year and have not stopped for the past 12 years so will be doing at least 1200 rounds of practice shooting per long gun to get ready for hunting season. I still have some shite from back in Billy boys days in office

unfortunately not. if i do, it will probably only be 22lr as i probably have 3-4,000 rounds of it. i'll use my 17hmr if i want to do any prone shooting. i have good supplies of ammo, but i'm nervous to use it all up as it appears this shortage will continue for at least the next 4 years in my opinion. no doubt the democrats will start trying to ban stuff soon.

I did not see any of this happening. I thought it would blow over with a temporary shortage of primers or powder. I don't shoot much of anything and mostly 22 long rifle. I am concerned that when anything begins to show up on the shelves it will be so expensive that I won't be able to afford it. I do have on hand enough to shoot most of my weapons for maybe a year to eighteen months at which time I will have to look at cleaning the safe out to just one or two hunting rigs.
I do believe the current political power will do ANYTHING do stop us from shooting. I believe that as gunowners, shooters and hunters, we are in for some serious, serious troubling times

unfortunately not. if i do, it will probably only be 22lr as i probably have 3-4,000 rounds of it. i'll use my 17hmr if i want to do any prone shooting. i have good supplies of ammo, but i'm nervous to use it all up as it appears this shortage will continue for at least the next 4 years in my opinion. no doubt the democrats will start trying to ban stuff soon.
ya I have a lot of 22 ammo also. so much I think I am going bighorn 22 action and proof barrel not sure what stock yet but have a night force in the box waiting on the build now

Range - what range? Have not been shooting since this fricking Pandemic started - but hope to get out soon.

Think about a golf ball canon. If you live close enough to a golf course or have friends who do, used range golf balls can be had very cheaply. I get a lot of these for egg shoots, and one of our locals built a canon to fire them. It is a true blast firing at 1/4 mile targets and actually hitting. I was amazed at how accurate we could become. BTW, we used to make our own BP, but now, we mostly use bought or substitutes.

Also for a fun project, once we made a glass marble canon from steel tubing and used Black Cat fire crackers as the propellant charge. A single fire cracker in a confined space could send those marbles many hundreds of yards.

As for other shootng due to current supply issues, it hasn't changed my shooting much, but it is winter here. Before the weather changed, we did shoot a little more 22LR than previous, and we have a fair supply of those.
We made one & it was great! We also made a tennis ball cannon. (Never found any of either...some may still be up there!) Some golf balls dug massive holes.

Still go as often, (weekly - daily), I just dont shoot as much.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.