AR15 LOADS

Chuckmaster, like you I have always been a bolt gun guy. I have carried an M-4 and still do, but really never gave it much consideration as a long range gun. However, I am setting one up to try and shoot a tactical match. I just have never loaded .223 rounds before.

I bought a box of 1000 Speer TNT varmint bullets for my .222 Rem and figured what the heck, try them in my JP Ent 1:9" flat top. They shot superbly! I did not stretch the distance out with them, but 100 yard groups in the .3" was easily done. My load was Rem case, Fed 205GM primer, Hodgdon BL-(C)2 powder, Speer 50 gt flat base TNT.

Since it shot so great, I have not bothered to load anything else. I just bought some 69 gr SMK to play with though. We'll see how they work out.

50 grain vmax over 25.5 grains of N133. No pressure signs and hits like a hammer. I have run as high as 26 grains with good results (my bolt gun load) but thats push'n it in an AR.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.