AR conversions

7ultra

I was just looking at some AR-15's and was thinking that it would be a little boring to just go with the same old 223. Looking at Accuracy Systems Inc, the offer a few conversions. The ones that caught my eye were the 204 Ruger, 6x45 and the 6 PPC(it may have been a BR though). Anyways, what do you guys would be the better 6mm conversion. I know the 6PPC is a great shooter, but how would it cycle through the AR. The 6x45 is golden, all it is is a simple neck up from the 223 case. Anyone have any experience with either two cartridges in an AR platform? Any thoughts are appreciated.

7 Ultra

If not wanting a 223 and wanting great performance out to 1000 yards target wise, while providing a decent deer round, hands down the best bet is the 6.5 Grendel.

Check out competitionshootingsports.com should link you to a source.

The 6.5 Grendel I've shot a fair amount in its development stage and its a super round. AMU teams are playing with it a lot and are very happy. I was instrumental in their use of the 90 jlks in the 223 rounds and they were very happy with that. If they are happy with the Grendel(just a 6.5 PPC basically) then its a great round like I knew it would be.

Arne over at Competition shooting is a super guy and will keep you in the right direction. It beats the heck out of the other choices. Though the 6ppc is pretty decent, and the 6.8 *** round necked to 6mm is not a bad choice either. Its just that the 6.5 bullet is a better choice, IMHO.

Jeff

[ QUOTE ]
the 6.8 *** round necked to 6mm is not a bad choice either. Its just that the 6.5 bullet is a better choice, IMHO.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever would you mean *** round? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.