ar comp load data?

ulery2531

hey guys im new to this site and with the recent powder shortage i couldnt find varget anywhere so i bought a few pounds of ar comp. im wanting to load 62gr 223 bullets and cant find any load data. any help would be appriciated. SEMPER FI!gun)

Did you try GTS?
Did you try the manufacturers website?
Gather as much information as you can, and use good judgement.
I'm not familiar with this particular powder. If there isn't data for your particular projectile selection, that's not normally cause for too much concern. You can calculate by case capacity/volume and figure safe starting loads to work from for your projectile selection. Of course be cautious, and enjoy safe shooting.

Alliant does not list a 62-gr load, but if it were me I would start at 23grs and work up to 24.5grs. My AR shoots 25.5 and 55 grainers under and inch at 100. I am replacing H335 with it since it meters better and is cleaner.

thanks for the input livtohunt. i loaded 50 rounds earlier today using 22.5 gr of ar comp. should i bump it up to 23? the bullets im using are lake city m855 they are very long. its already a compressed load with 22.5 gr.

You are good starting there and work up slow in .5 incroments. 25.5 grs is a full case! That is why 24-24.5 should be around max with a 62 grainer. I will ask my coworker tomorrow but I think he is running 60-grainers ith it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts