• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED APS Raptor LRSS in 338 Raptor for sale

What an incredible opportunity. Free bump. I hope this rifle finds the home it deserves.

Alright guys, here is a new twist to see if it would spark anyones interest.

Would be willing to change barrel out to a chambering of your choice. Have some heavier contour 7mm, 30 cal and 338 cal barrels on the shelf we could rebarrel this rifle with to get into something maybe a bit less IFFY then the 338 Raptor.

Also something to kick over, I have a stainless steel Lilja, 30" #8 contour barrel with 1.350" shank diameter in a 1-15 twist 50 cal. It has an 8 flute pattern on the barrel. This is one of my personal barrel blanks that I was going to use to build a lightweight 50 Allen Tactical someday. Have had the barrel for 5 years and still never got that project done!!!

The 50 AT is to big for the Raptor receiver but I have also always been a fan of the 50 Peacekeeper which is basically a 460 Wby case necked up to 50 cal. Listed specs show it can drive a 650 gr bullet to 2400 fps and a 750 gr A-Max to 2200 fps. I have shot a few of these rifles and have always been very impressed with their performance.

I am a 50 cal NUT however and love to shoot them. They are not the flattest shooting but there is no question when those big slugs land on target. Since this rifle is a single shot, it would work great with this chambering. Would have to pull the bolt to clear a live round but with the side mounted bolt stop lever, this would not be a problem at all.

Price would have to be refigured to include dies but if anyone is interested in such a project, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

IF someone has always wanted to get into a 50 cal rifle but really do not have the desire to deal with a 30 lb class rifle, this would be an excellent choice as rifle weight would be around 16 lbs I would estimate. I would use one of my large 5 port Painkiller muzzle brakes so recoil would be quite manageable, likely less then a standard 50 BMG in a 30 lb rifle. Plus, barrel life would be nearly limitless with this chambering!!!

Just an option to throw out there to see if anyone is interested.

IF not, I may do it myself, always looking to add another 50 cal to the family!!!