APS Raptor LRSS, 338 AX

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Get comments from guys all the time that are a bit cautious about the barrel life of some of my wildcats like the 7mm Allen Magnum. So for them and everyone else, just finished up a customers APS Raptor LRSS chambered in my 338 Allen Xpress(AX).

These Raptor LRSS are designed to compete head to head with 25-30 lb class rifles while having a 14-15 lb bare rifle weight and they do this extremely well. This is accomplished by using my Ultra strong and rigid Raptor receiver and unique custom Raptor LRSS barrel contour that offers the barrel stiffness and rigidity of a 1.250" straight cylinder barrel while being significantly lighter as well as shifting center of balance dramatically toward the receiver more Solid feel on the bench or bipod.

This particular model used a 32" barrel from the boys at Bartlein and max load produced 3145 fps with the 300 gr berger OTM. Load tested for accuracy was a bit throttled back at 3093 fps. Very comfy pressure, very good brass life, basically the same barrel life as a 338 lapua which is the parent case.
E6588305-AD7A-4932-A0F2-68EB34CA8D0F.jpeg

You will see that this is a repeating rifle and actually the OAL of the cartridge is a relatively short 3.750". No +4" oals, no special throats to increase performance at the expense of throat life. Just good old fashioned, throat designed for accuracy and long use life.
3AE645BB-B4E4-4108-82BA-0BA079D392DB.jpeg

We had an issue with the original scope but got that resolved and tested the drop chart at a large variety of ranges from 390 yards to 1700 yards and was happy to see every shot during the drop chart test session landed within 1/4 moa of point of aim.

at the 1698 yard test, she would have solidly hit a prairie dog sized target….. very happy with the results, customer will love this hammer and will get much use out of it.

So for those that get nervous when my 7mm AM is talked about concerning barrel life, here is one that will make you feel more comfortable!! 😉

Oh, one added bonus, she can safely shoot standard 338 lapua ammo as well!!

if you want a rifle that shoots like a 30 lb bench rifle but weighs half that much, the Raptor LRSS is exactly what your looking for!!