• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED apollo

lif2fsh

APOLLO custom rifle 6-284 with 3x9 Leopold plus RCBS dies.
$800.00

Attachments

• DSC00940.jpg
    DSC00940.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7
How about some specs.? Barrel make, length, contour, twist? Stock make, bedded, pillar? Times fired? Action make? Any other info.?
Thanks

barrel heat-treated chrome moly ordinance steel, 24 " 1-10- stock European walnut that has been cracked repaired and painted over. about 250 rounds. was one of the first rifles made by Apollo custom rifles Reno,Nv.

I didn't get it either, so I consulted Dr Google. Apparently Arnold Arms (no longer in business) built rifles to order on the action of your choice, including one they called the Apollo (one reference to Nesika as the maker, no confirmation on that). Each rifle is a one-off, per customer specifications. Blue Book of gun values indicates there aren't many of them around.

So does that mean this is a good gun??

Poster:

What's the action? You have any groups or load data to show how it shoots?

Apollo custom rifles is stamped on the barrel, this one like I said is one of the first, it belonged to Bob Heiderich the president of the company at the time. He lived in Reno when the company was started. Printed load data says it pushes 60 grain sierras at 4100 with 58/4350.

This is the most discussed gun on the forum. Tell us more about the platform, remington 700? The stock has issues, can you elaborate on that?