Anything new from Nightforce?

Neither do I... I'm thinking vaporware. I'm certain that eventually NF will release an SFP version of the NX8 and when they do I'll grab one. I hated the FFP 4-32 I owned. It was useless on the lower powers because even with the illuminated reticle I couldn't see the reticle at the lower powers.

I sent NF an email last week asking about a SFP NX8 in 4-32. Here was their reply.

"Something is in the works, but we do not have any kind of a release date "

Neither do I... I'm thinking vaporware. I'm certain that eventually NF will release an SFP version of the NX8 and when they do I'll grab one. I hated the FFP 4-32 I owned. It was useless on the lower powers because even with the illuminated reticle I couldn't see the reticle at the lower powers.

At what magnification did the reticle become useable?

I never did actually figure that out but I'm pretty sure that even at 10 power it wasn't. I took it to the range once and when I wanted to shoot at 25 yards I already knew I was in trouble.

I managed to get it sighted in at 100 then 200 and was happy with clarity and shot some at 300 but when I tried to go back to reasonable hunting power for short to medium hunting ranges I simply couldn't see the reticle so I traded it for another ATACR and never looked back.

When I'm paying that much for a scope I won't put up with something so simple as not being able to see the reticle at low power where it will be used most of the time.

Over on The Hide a lot of people like them though so go figure. To each his own. I believe it was made to satisfy the PRS and F Class guys IIRC.

By the way.... Although I'd rather have a Nightforce than a Leupold I will say that the Leupold VX-5HD 7-35x56mm CDS-TZL3 part number 172754 is hard to beat especially for the street price of $1500 but the 7 power as the lower magnification is not conducive to stalking or that surprise close up shot.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.